Machinedrum Input Gating Q

Got mine recently and love it.

I wondered if it was possible to sequence gating of an external signal coming in through the inputs to make a rhythm out of, say, a drone.

I thought I read it was possible but then I read elsewhere that the gating can’t be sequenced? TY

yeah, with the NFX-EV

Excellent. Thank you chap, I will experiment.

Read the release notes. So I can plock envelopes per step? That’s powerful! Is it possible to use retrigs as well, as if the live signal was a sample?

if you’ve got a UW then the RAM machines are best real time method for retrigs.

the EV params will trigger an envelope shape per step, these can be plocked yes.

2 Likes

I do. So to use retrigs, I could sample on the fly with a RAM machine and sequence retrigs as well as normal steps with a ROM machine on a different pad?

I do appreciate your feedback, I’m very new to the MD and feeling out what directions to explore in before delving in deeper.

RAM R# to record, RAM P# to playback. you can store a RAM to a ROM if desired.

reading this is no match for trying, failing, learning then succeeding.

Thanks muchly.

Alternatively, you can use any machine that will the signal in continuously (RAMR, for example) and set the LFOs to be restarted when a trig occurs.

Beautiful. TY.

1 Like

I just had to have a little play after my answer. I just love how fun it is to input something random (radio or an old cassette), and create something totally unique.

2 Likes