Machinedrum Battery issue

Hi there,

After a long stressful time waiting for my new machinedrum mk2 to arrive I’m disappointed to find that kits and songs are not saving! Every time i turn off my box and turn it on again it reverts to the demo track.

The process to save that i’m doing is kit - save, then creating a new song and saving that. (wrong method?)

More concerning is During initial bootup i’m receiving the battery low message, is this the likely culprit?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated;

Thanks Elektronauts.

very good chance that’s all it is then. I had the exact same behavior with a Jomox XBase 09 when its internal battery died. but fortunately for you, the battery isn’t soldered to the circuit like that Jomox one was :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

this thread is likely useful to you

edit: now that I read through that thread more, maybe yours is soldered in. sounds like some were, some weren’t…

1 Like

jup, can confirm some have a soldered battery others not. Either way, this is a solveable problem. Take the chance to carefully take the MD apart to not only check how to replace the battery but also to look at internal condition of connectors - another issue that might occur given its age and use. Might spare you of suffering later :slight_smile:

FWIW my mk2, which I think is a fairly early vintage for the mk2, has a user-replaceable battery. So it’s definitely worth checking, because if you can replace it without soldering, it’s easy to do.

Thanks all for the input, I’ve replaced the battery (painless process) and it’s working flawlessly now! had a look around, all seems to be looking in good Knick;

Thanks heaps guys, really appreciated

2 Likes

All sorted now! interestingly, despite being a 2008 model with 2007 board, it was clipped in.

glad to hear you’re up and running without much trouble! jealous of you with the MD, I wish I’d never sold mine… enjoy and welcome to Elektronauts!