Machinedrum and monomachine gone forever!

If you ordered directly from elektron and have an order number underyour login details I think you are golden.

ordered from musicians friend, who said they ordered 35 units months ago. the date keeps slipping.

Good luck but not optimistic. Depends if you are at the front of the cue.

Yeah Im not optimistic at all. You wonder why they sold a final stock on their website, when they had long outstanding orders from retailers placed months ago.

Yes I did, and I have order number as well but what ā€˜being goldenā€™ exactly means?

Iā€™m running for my MD since long months as well. First I have tried in a local (Swiss) online shop where they said they can guarantee to deliver a machine in 5 days. After a month waiting I just asked them and they could not give me any exact information so I have just cancelled my order there. I have just found an other online shop with 2 weeks delivery time. I thought, hm okay it seems legit. After 2 weeks Elektron has just announced officially that MD and MM is just gone, and just got the information from the shop as well, that they wont get any machines.

I became very very dissapointed in online shops because it seems to me that they have the possibility to sit on your money for a while and simply just refound after all when you have no patience more. In this case I would more give directly to a broker 1000 dollars to play with for 2 months and that could be more profitable.

Anyway after all I turned to Elektron, and ordered an MD. Everything went smooth. The guys are communicating well and fast on the sale over there and it also feels better to support the source directly not someone else who is interested just in money and business.

I placed my order with a retailer, because you could not pre-order from Elektron. I wanted to secure a unit, and I could not do that via Elektron. I took the "next shipment arrivesā€¦ " date seriously. Shame on me.

If you have an order it is unlikely they will back out unless they have taken too many orders. I think this is unlikely as they marked their online store as ā€˜sold outā€™ as soon as the opportunity to order stopped. I cannot guarantee your order is 100 % but if i was a betting man I would say you will get your unit. Being golden means being in a good position. If you are concerned send a support ticket in and ask them. When my order was late to ship they reassured me it was on the way within 2 hours of asking.

Not all shop orders will be met as there are finite number of units to be delivered, and preferred shops would have been given preference. Its a waiting game unfortunately as the shop may not know and elektron cannot easily disclose if your shop will met your order, they do not have that information.

If units are still actively being assembled to fill remaining ordersā€¦ OK, I can see not knowing exactly how many will be made. But if they are totally out of stock now, and have no more being constructed, they could inform the retailers. The ambiguity makes it seem like some are still being made, and that is the only glimmer of hope I can see.

I have a feeling there is a finite amount based on the announcements. You are right elektron should at least inform if they are overordered from the shops.

i order a MD from the elektron site days before the final closing deadline.so have my invoice and order number now waiting for the shipping confirmation

Same here. I have an order number from Elektron and status is PAID since 21 June, but I havenā€™t heard anything regarding shipping. Fingers crossed.

Just sent a support ticket yesterday with the question if Elektron can 100% guarantee that the directly ordered machines going to be shipped successfully within the four weeks delivery time that they promised.

As stated on the website, silver machines will ship out within 1-4 weeks after the order due to the huge demand. Many orders have been shipped out, and those remaining can expect their machines to ship out in about 14 days from now.

1 Like

I am sad to read in my support ticket that there is no fully guarantee that we will be equipped as :3lektron: has promised. I can understand that there is a huge amount of orders, and lot of things to do, but slowly it seems :3lektron: is more interested in making money than delivering quality equipments to pleased costumers.

yeah tbh reading thru this thread, Iā€™m super glad to have skipped this silver box flush order hypeā€¦
hope things turn out well for everyone who is still waitingā€¦

I cannot fully guarantee anything since there can always be unforseen circumstances causing a delay. However, from what I know at this point, all machines should be out in about 14 days from now.

3 Likes

I ordered one 2 and a half weeks ago, just got a message today, they still canā€™t give me an estimated delivery date. Quite frustrating cos I could of had one next day from Red Dog if Iā€™d done a bit of digging first

I ordered a MD from Elektron on June 15th. Still waithing for the news. Hopefully theyā€™re gonna ship it next week.

It stands to reason that if Elektron is mostly interested in making money that they have an interest in fulfilling all existing orders. No promises have been broken here.
1-4 weeks delivery time was well documented.

I know patience can be difficult, as I ordered my own MD on the 15th. But by placing my order, I agreed to accept that it may not arrive until the middle of July.

3 Likes