Machine+ integration with Elektron gear?

Hi,

I currently use my Model Cycles and a laptop with Ableton Push 2 as the master.

Thinking of getting Machine+ to replace the Ableton setup. My laptop is giving me performance issues and rather than get a new laptop I’m considering going DAWless for the first time ever. I’m mostly interested in a simple live performance set up. Don’t say “Get a Push 3”… Push 3 Standalone it 3000$ Canadian dollars. I can get a used Machine+ for 900$

My question is what are good/bad experiences of Machine+ users integration it with Electron gear.

I currently use model cycles with 2 Korg hardware synths. I eventually want to get a Syntakt and maybe digitone

I’m open to an MPC device similar to Machine+

Any feedback is very helpful. Thanks

I have a machine+ and this biggest thing about it and Elektron gear is that the Machine lacks any kind of CV connections which is a total bummer

that and I get don’t really vibe with NI products, bundle programs. I would say the MPC device would be much better for you

The Machine + seems to be a good deal, until you realize that it lacks inputs, extra outputs, cv, and when using it as stand alone alot of the stuff that does make the Machine architecture cool isnt available. So you end up using it connected to a computer ne ways

Maschine+ sounds great, the reverb (Raum) is my favourite of any reverb available to buy, software or hardware it puts any ableton or MPC reverb to shame.

M+ is more simple but more fun than MPC or Push but is it too simple for you?

No automation except lock states which needs to be manually triggered.

Simple is what I want. I get lost with all the possibilities Ableton offers that I spend more time sound designing and learning techniques than playing/performing. I 100% will continue to use Ableton for making records, but I want to focus on live performance for now. A simple machine with less options can often lead to more creativity and productivity IMO

My biggest concern is how easy it is to map program changes to my Model Cycles. I also play guitar live so I don’t always have free hands. I need to be able to seamlessly have program changes synced to changes in the songs. M:C doesn’t have a song mode so it will be the slave.

Do you know if that is possible/easy?

No clue about that but I’d just ditch MC and use the onboard FM8 for simplicity sakes.

1 Like

Maschine+ can send MIDI Clock, so you could send that clock into a device like CLOCKstep:MULTI, and from there have CS:M distribute both MIDI Clock and CV Sync triggers out to other gear as needed.

One neat thing I’ve done with Maschine Mk3 (PC) is load a square wave sample onto a looped sequence at 64th Note Triplet Interval (24 PPQN) and send that out as an audio clock source to CS:M. Worked great, and is “Sample Accurate”, but it does require a dedicated audio output, so that’s not going to be much of an option unless maybe you give up the headphone output.