M8 Tracker

There’s a MKI on Willhaben for a rather decent price right now
(not mine)

I went over two years almost solely using the M8. It’s only recently I’ve got back to other gear, which is a nice change. But yeah, the M8 became my go to device as well…

2 Likes

My flagged post above isn’t an attempt to sell something! If anyone in the US wants it, I’ll just send it to ya free

7 Likes

It wasn’t me - Thank you for your offer, I’m from other continent :sweat_smile:

1 Like
off-topic question

sorry for the offtopic, but which new elektron stuff? I cannot find anything but I’m a little bit out of the world lately. Thanks!

off-topic answer

What's next for Elektron?

4 Likes

Hi!

I tried to write in the m8 tracker discord, but i don’t knoe how it works.

I have the Faderfox UC4 connected with trs midi type B, but when I do the command for midi assignments, mu faderfox doesn’t send anything, or the m8 doesn’t recieve anything.

I bought type B mini trs adapters in amazon (and C, just in case) but I’m not having luck with any of the cables.

My faderfox is working correctly with ableton and another hardware gear.
I have a gig soon and I’m pulling my hair off.

Sorry for hijacking the conversation!

Yours,

Christiane

The M8 uses type A as per the manual. So you will need some kind of adapter to in between. There are different options to achieve this.

1 Like

Thnks, just bought a pair on amazon.ñ i’ll tell you if everything is ok. Thanks a lot.

Christiane

Which wouldn’t work in this case due to differing standards between Faderfox and M8 :wink:

2 Likes

I keep one of these in my M8 case. Switches from A to B, or B to A. Got it on Amazon for $3.99.

4 Likes

Do you have a link?
Thanks

Here are some from Retrokits that I prefer because they don’t apply as much force to the socket. And, if you’re placing an order with them anyway and have some DIN MIDI devices around, might as well throw in a few of these which are brilliant!

8 Likes

Thanks! I like those trs-X ones.

:100:

hey I checked on Amazon and I don’t see them anymore, sorry.

There’s this one. Little pricey though.
PolarNoise Midi A to B adapter 3.5mm TRS Cable

https://a.co/d/j7Ff9YR

Perfect Circuit might have something similar and cheaper. Their 3.5 to midi adapters are cheaper than Amazon.
(All I can see on PCs website is the Retrokit adapters which they’re sold out of.)

1 Like

I have been doing a lot of music on the M8 lately since one month. Now I have a lot of songs in different genres/vibes and would like to tidy up things. Put some songs that are similar into one folder, and so on.
What is the best practice to make it work? A little scared I will mess things up if I start moving things around. I guess I should bundle all of the songs first? I use a lot of samples.
I also need to do this on a computer I assume? I guess I need a pen and paper and listen through everything and write them down, and then move things around, or how do you go about this?

Very first: backup your SD card entirely on your computer. This way, whatever you do wrong you can always go back.

Now bundle every song within the M8.
This make every song a whole thing, with no external dependency.
Then backup these on your computer.

As for organizing things, this is very personal.
I don’t think you can easily move samples around and expect your song to find them, but I might be wrong. Maybe this is something to be tested.

6 Likes

I’ve been looking/hoping/praying for something like this.

2 Likes