M8 tracker tracks

Lots of M8 tutorials and reviews on youtube, not many actual tunes.

I’d like to hear some more tunes. (youtube, soundcloud, bandcamp, whatever)

I’ll start this off with two I really like.

10 Likes

Doesn’t give much away in terms of hardware use (other than the screen obviously!) but I stumbled across this one recently and thought it was a fantastic example of something a little different from the norm out of these sort of devices.

8 Likes
6 Likes

A track that @Ess made was really sick and one of my favorites so far but sadly I can’t find it right now

This one?

4 Likes

Yeah exactly that’s the one I was talking about! thank you!

@Cepheid made some great tunes

3 Likes

Here’s one of the first tracks I made on it when I got it last year! Nothing crazy, just a simple little tune using the in built synths and some samples.

(Sorry for the flipped video :smile: )

7 Likes

This EP is all M8:

If you join the Dirtywave Discord there is an insane variety of new music being posted there, both work in progress in #clips and finished tracks in #music-and-links.

5 Likes

I really love this M8-tune by @anguslocke
„the spangle can be adjusted“

Video is also great, since it gives a fuck about socially accepted dance moves and just seems to enjoy it

(Note to myself: wanted to buy his tracks on bandcamp, but had no calm online-shopping-mood in the last weeks. must do it after vacation)

11 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

I forgot this thread existed

6 Likes

I still want one of these. Has the availability eased up a little bit or are they still hard to get?

dirtywave.com website says “More stock will return on Monday November 28th at 7am PST”

New batches do tend to sell out within an hour or two of going live, so be aware of that

Here’s one of the first things I made on the tracker when I got it. The vampy thing in the middle is mostly randomized, so each take is different. Nothing too special, but I thought I’d share.

Clearly belongs in a video game.

3 Likes

…damn…this Meight might be my last HW temptation out there, waiting for me to just become my daily companion for all sorts of first layout sonic sketchbooks to go…

one of the most impressing live stage performances i’ve ever witnessed, was a guy with nothing but two nintendo gameboys, both running that little music software, the m8 is based on in first place…

Enjoying sequencing a Nymphes with the M8

and with a volca beats

(there’s a glitch there, oops, I didn’t render the fixed version yet)

5 Likes

So good!

1 Like