M:S & Microbrute — midi-help needed

I know this has been asked before, but for the luv o Cthulhu I can’t find the topic.

:skull:
I want to control my Arturia Microbrute from my M:S. What are the correct setup / midi-settings?
:skull:

Again: I know this has been asked before, but for the luv o Cthulhu I can’t find the topic…

…u r aware of the fact, that m:s can “only” mirror it’s sequencer tracks to midi?

so microbrute does what one of ur sample tracks will do, no matter what…

midi out from m:s to midi in of brute…same midi channel adressing on both ends…

Yes, fully aware. What I am looking for are the exact settings, of course midi-out & midi-in & same channel, but I remember there were some settings abt polarity or something that needs to be set right.

What do you mean by “control”? Do you want the M:S to sequence the MB, or for the two sequencers to run in time, or something else?

Sorry, was quite vague.

M:S sequences & clocks the Microbrute.

OK. So …

Physical connections

Connect M:S MIDI Out to MB MIDI In using the supplied Elektron MIDI adaptor and a working 5-pin DIN MIDI cable.

On the MB:

Use the Arturia software to:

• determine which MIID channel number the MB will respond to;
  • make any relevant MIDI clock sync settings.

On the M:S:

• in the CONFIG > MIDI > SYNC menu, set CLK OUT to “ON”;
  • in the CONFIG > MIDI > OUT CHAN menu, set the MIDI channel number(s) for the track(s) that you want to sequence the MB to match the MIDI channel number that the MB is using;
  • in the CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu, set OUT TO to “MID”, set OUT/THRU to “OUT”, and set OUT POL OUT to “STD”.
  • in the TRACK SETUP MENU for the track(s) that you want to sequence the MB, check MOUT.
2 Likes

Gotta try but yes thanks, this was more like the answer I was looking for.

[edit] Just in case someone else searches for proper advice how to set up midi, this at least works exactly as hoped for M:S & microbrute.

1 Like

This worked for me, I’ve been looking everywhere thanks man, even works on the model:cycles the same way

1 Like

how did you make it work? I couldn’t understand the last bit of TRACK SETUP MENU