M:S change pattern start point?

This is a shot in the dark, but is there some way to change the start point of a pattern? I often find myself making little changes toward the end of a long pattern, and having to loop all the way through the pattern again to hear that changes I’m making. Can I set the start point somehow, or otherwise move the playhead manually? (other than reseting it to step 1)

Or is there some other workflow trick to make this easier that I haven’t thought of? It’s a small issue, but it does disincentivize me from doing complex sequencing on longer patterns.

One workaround idea: use [TRACK] + turn LEVEL/DATA to move all trigs, left or right (when in GRID RECORDING mode). That way, you can move the end to the beginning, edit, and move the triggers back when you’re done. Only downside is you will have to change any LFO start values

3 Likes

If the rest of the pattern is the same or similar, you could work with a 1-bar loop and add those little changes to the end of that one bar until perfected.

Then when you extend the length of the pattern from 16 to 64 bars, it will copy that 1 bar 4 times. Then just remove those changes from the first 3 bars.

Would this work?

3 Likes

I cant believe I didn’t think of that! That’s exactly the reply I was hoping for lol. I wish there was a way to move all the tracks at once, but now I’m just daydreaming :^)

1 Like