M:S audio interface q's (pc); recording

Brand new to M:S; am really curious about its audio interface feature(s). So on my pc, it’s automagically detected as the Model: Samples as both audio and midi interface in Device Manager - although in Reaper it’s not seen as an audio device, nor in Ableton Live Lite 10, nor as an output device in Win 10 via the sound settings. I’ve seen it being more easily detected for use as a class compliant device on IOS.

Either way, supposing it was detected… you’d be able to record the two track output of the thing directly over usb? (I know Overbridge doesn’t support the M:S, but from what I hear of this current functionality it is unrelated to that). And if the M:S is usable as a sound card with outputs only, otherwise, what are its specs? I mean, it’s 48khz/24bit per the most recent M:S manual, but what about its audio processing power? Let’s say you were using it as your soundcard for DAW playback and VST usage (since it has no inputs). ??

Thanks Elektronauters. : )

: semi - solved :

After much ado and googling, found somebody talking about this on the youtubes. For some weird reason, when you plug the Model: Samples into Win 10, while it will auto detect it and install 2 apparently working device manager instances of the Samples, as both an audio and a midi device under sound/video/game controllers - it also simultaneously installs it in a disabled state under win 10’s ‘Sound Settings’ -> ‘Manage Sound Devices’.

To make so it will be seen as an eligible input devices via usb in your DAW

1. enable the M:S audio device instances under Manage Sound Devices
  2. alter your audio preferences in your DAW of choice, if necessary, to use Direct X for audio processing instead of ASIO, Wasapi, etc.

I discovered this to be true in both Reaper and Ableton Live (Lite) 10. I don’t think it’s ideal, since you probably don’t want to control your whole ITB rig via Direct X instead of Asio, but it’s enough to record your Model : Samples output directly over USB into your DAW instead of via the analog outs; then you can swtich your audio device preference back to ASIO, et al.

I haven’t tried getting this to work with midi clock sync at the same time yet, we’ll see.

fyi, 'nauts!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve been meaning to try the Model Samples as a midi interface.