M:C not sending Midi to Ableton : (

its recognised.
sends and receives audio.
receives midi, but doesnt send it…
im pretty sure i have all settings right…
in M:C as well as in ableton.

I noticed I was having issues getting my MC to send Midi data (program data mainly) to a Source Audio Atlas.
I’m very confident I had the setting correct as it worked some of the time
Might be a general issue with the cycles.
I’ll test itbout again when I return home from the road (later this week)

1 Like

A track must be set to send MIDI data to send MIDI data using the TRACK PARAMETER and FX knobs. For more information, please see “9.4.2 MOUT” on page 27.

9.4 TRACK SETUP MENU

Will, when checked, send the tracks NOTE, VELOCITY, and TRIG LENGTH sequencer data to the Model:Cycles MIDI OUT for control of external MIDI devices. The data are sent on the track’s MIDI channel set in the CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “12.3.3 OUT CHAN” on page 44.

If MOUT is checked the following functions also sends MIDI data:

• PADS The [T1–6] pads sends MIDI note data.
  • TRIG KEYS The [TRIG] keys sends MIDI note data in CHROMATIC mode.
  • MUTE, activating/deactivating mutes sends MIDI.
  • TRACK PARAMETER and FX knobs sends MIDI data on their set channels.
  • Tracks forwards the incoming note data on the AUTO channel from external MIDI controllers to the MIDI OUT port for control of an external device.
  • If MOUT is checked, the track sends the sequencer data both externally over MIDI and internally to the tracks preset.
  • Only the sequencer data for the NOTE, VEL, and LEN parameters are sent over MIDI. For more information, please see “9.8 TRIG NOTE MENU” on page 29.
2 Likes

thanks but it just doesnt SEND midi…
neither over usb nor midi.
ive sent to the microfreak to check; same issue : receives, but doesnt send…

working now !
was only focused on the “normal” menu .

func+track and then MOut

like you said: page 27…

thanks so much

2 Likes

I was foxed as to why md wasn’t receiving CC from mc encoders, hadn’t checked I+E as destination in globals

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m glad that it’s solved and that you can continue to make Music instead of troubleshooting.

1 Like

Anyone knows if there is a way to send midi out while using the CTRL ALL function? :thinking: It seems to not send any parameter changes when using it.