LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

is it possible to share a photo of these issues?

Here some pics, sorry for bad quality, I only have an old Ipod!

Did you send the pictures to Soma?

2 Likes

Yes I did now!

I have made a crappy video also but itā€™s too long, Iā€™m going to try to contact a friend to help me so I can upload that also (cause Iā€™m stupid with computers) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cut tracks is not necessarily unusual. Iā€™ve made plenty of mods to boards which require cut tracks. Depends if itā€™s deliberate or not.

Good luck, Soma really care about their products and customers so either way it will get sortedā€¦
Hope itā€™s quick anyway, the Lyra is incredible!

yeah yeah like Yamaha pss series cutting traces to get a weird Fm synth, but will wait till Soma answers

Got answer from Soma that the pics are normal, they made minor adjustmentsā€¦

Burnsmell isnā€™t normal so need to send some vids with the weird behaviour. Anyway I played Lyra yesterday and got a few times the click of a switch in my speakers? Doesnā€™t seem normal?

1 Like

What I would do is to find another unit and play them back-to-back. This will give you better understanding what is ā€˜normalā€™ with this instrument. Maybe you know somebody in neighbourhood who has same instrument and is willing to jam together?

If this is not possible, video can be also a good option, especially if you can send the line signal directly to the recorder. If not, I would suggest to record the sound separately with audio recorder/interface and merge the video and audio later.

I donā€™t know anybody who has Lyra8. Itā€™s not sold in Belgium I think! Bought it online at Schneidersladen, Berlin! Iā€™m stupid with computers and hate them as my MacBook pro went down after 5years! I just jam and record on SD via my AR22 at the moment!

Going to try to make some videos with a friend his phone cause my old Ipod is terrible quality

Have you contacted the team at Schneidersladen?

From my experience I would say that they are friendly and supportive ā€¦

1 Like

not yet as I donā€™t now if it works normal, everything seems to work! The thing only smells like something is burned. I contacted Soma but need to send them a videoā€¦

So Coma can get the smell from a video? Didnā€™t know that this works :wink:

If youā€™re still under warranty I only can recommend to contact Schneidersladen. Best call them by phone. They sold it and they might offer an exchange. At least they are supposed to help and support you.

I think, if that smell is there, then itā€™s no question that there is something wrong with your unit. I have a Lyra-8 too and there is no ā€œburningā€ smell and there should definitely be no such smell in the first place.

New electronics smells sometimes like ā€œnew electronicsā€, if it warms up, but this smell gets less after some time. But if itā€™s like ā€œburningā€ something then I would guess, there is at least smoldering something and this needs maintenance or repair action.

1 Like

read above! I mentioned weird behaviour!

trying to replicate the flipping of a switch in my speakers, the clacking and farting etc,

Yes I did and this adds to my opinion that you should contact Schneidersladen. According to EU law you might be entitled to get a replacement. Just according to terms of general commercial and trade conditions

1 Like

I flip the switches all the time. According to Vlad Kreimer this is supposed to be part of the general operation of playing the Lyra-8. No ā€œstrangeā€ noises here.

EDIT: There may be strong and unusual noises after flipping a switch, if we, as an example, switch from no-FM-modulation to FM-modulation, behause in that instant the FM will start to tune the VCOs and this can indeed work out to be a strange sound for somebody comparing it to an East-Coast like synth.

1 Like

yeah I feel for you. Share the vid when itā€™s ready and I will try to evaluate the situation.

So I got reply from Soma after I made a video and send it with we transfer (canā€™t post, to big) and Vlad said it works normal. With mod in extreme settingā€¦ like you said @SoundRider

Thatā€™s a big relief, going to play it more this weekend. But the burnt smell is weird, ah letā€™s hope it never breaks down and that itā€™s just the smell of new electronics!:smile: Feeling a bit stupid now actually,ā€¦ ah luckily itā€™s friday jam night!

5 Likes