LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

There’s a little variation between batches.
If I remember rightly there was a bunch of white ones with slightly different ICs in them that tuned slightly wider.

2 Likes

I understand but from his reaction i got the impression that the difference is rather substantial.

Did we just watch the same video? He doesn’t even finish what he’s saying.

It’s not like it’s going to make a huge difference, just a difference. It’s not suddenly controllable or with any added features. I doubt any two sound identical. Mine sounds different from one day to the next to be honest, admittedly only mildly. It reacts differently dependent on weather from what I’ve found

2 Likes

Sounds pretty much identical to mine. Except that it looks green.

Solved. £25 :rofl:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Wood-Offcuts/bn_7024874704

2 Likes

Bro, wooden box and green color for warm tonez for dayyyyzzz!

All we have his word - no actual A/B comparisons between his green one and any of the other ones he claims to have owned.

To me, it still sounds like a Lyra. That’s a good thing.

2 Likes

My orange pulsar sounds much brighter than my black one.

4 Likes

Captain Beefheart approves

2 Likes

His voice was so good, even when he was just talking. You could put his voice over just about anything and it would sound good.

1 Like

Absolutely, he has a great speaking voice.

Fast ‘n’ bulbous!

2 Likes

it sounds like the envelopes are much faster than the one I own. There is no way i could play a motif as fast as that on mine. the attack is super slow even on fast setting.

2 Likes

I find that the envelopes are a fair bit snappier if you keep the hold knob turned to about 12 o’clock.

1 Like

In his YouTube review of Lyra, Loopop says that the Hyper LFO’s and/or switch can be set to the middle position to deactivate the Hyper LFO. This was new to me bc this wasn’t mentioned in the manual; in the manual there’s only either ‘AND’ or ‘OR’ position.
Today i found out, in one yt Lyra demo video, that only newer Lyras have this switch with the middle position.
Does anyone know when was this changed by Soma?

Mine is an early one. It has a three way switch on the LFO. Cant say it does anything though.

Also if anyone is interested, I have been talking to Soma recently, they told me the older ones do indeed behave and sound differently than the new ones.

2 Likes

When did you buy yours?

Also, if you know, what does Vlad/Soma mean by “older ones”? From what year are the “new ones”?

Joined waiting list june 2017. Unit arrived at my door December 2017.
Theres the early ones made in Ukraine, then the ones made in Czech, then if I’m right there’s a lab in Poland too. No idea when the changes happened.

1 Like

No idea how old my white one is. It’s made in Poland and doesn’t have a 3 way switch - serial # L8EU1625

1 Like

When did you buy it?

Was second hand, and person before me was second owner so god knows

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more of the 3 position switches out there than the 2 position ones. I can’t rember where I read about it, but I think it was only part of the first production run that had the 2 position switches.

1 Like