LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

really nice!

1 Like

Mercury 7 Reverb and Polymoon Delay as send FX.

1 Like

Haha, it does sound pretty big! I spend time coaxing gentle, fragile beauty out of it - but itā€™s important to let the huge out sometimes :smiling_imp:

I honestly find that itā€™s plenty loud. Every now and then though, when nothing is supposed to be happening, itā€™ll do some bizarre, weird distant background noises which I like to boost through my desk for fun!

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m really glad you like them. Thereā€™s plenty more to come - I had a lovely patch made up when I was on holiday last week, using Zoia to modulate the delay, I really should do a quick video of that. Iā€™ve been distracted upgrading my Mac this week thoughā€¦ :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Congrats! I look forward to hearing what you do with it :raised_hands:

Iā€™ll record my first go with it, Iā€™m sure it will sound delightful! :man_shrugging::thinking::joy:

1 Like

I keep almost ordering one but I havenā€™t really come close to stretching myself in my iridium so I keep waiting. Your vids both help me wait (I get a small taste) and also push my gas

Tried to use the Lyra as an fx unit today. The drive section sounds so nice on drumsā€¦

5 Likes

that is potent. all that is missing is the sunn0))) robes and lots of smoke. You got the hand gestures down to an art :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, thanks :palms_up_together: The hands are a law unto themselves

Love the wooden case for the Pacifist edition

https://www.thomann.de/de/soma_lyra_8_the_pacifist.htm?fbclid=IwAR2C4_9x9TdDC5jpA6sHeqXq_rItbpG8OkLJIHM9Y2YaVa0XWIUJBj3xIFg

16 Likes

Olive green is awesome.

2 Likes

Need an advice!

Should i buy Lyra or Digitone? Not sure i need either lol

I have MDuw, Mnm, OT and AH :slight_smile:

Only DAWless people are allowed to buy a Lyra :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently got a Digitone and would love a Lyra (especial in Olive Green with a mad wooden box lol) - I cant see the two being comparable though?

I like to ā€œplayā€ things but the sequencing of the Digitone and integration with my Digitakt is awesome.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got all the same gear as you, also Lyra and Digitone. For me those two go: Lyra - destroyer of worlds and giver of happy accidents (in other words, samples into OT) and Digitone - my current loop/song making powerhouse and a lot more versatile than I thought.

I was on the fence about Digitone for a long time but now that Iā€™ve had it for three weeks Iā€™m in love with it. With Lyra the honeymoon is over and I havenā€™t used it a whole lot lately (except the FX).

So difficult to say, but if I had to choose one right now for myself, Iā€™d go with the Digitone.

3 Likes

I second @korpinen - I have had my Lyra8 for almost a year, but I find it hard to step out if its sonic territory. It is very beautifully sounding, but I struggle to go beyond the sounds that I managed to come up with after three days of intense exploration.

1 Like

It totally depends what youā€™re using it for.
If youā€™re looking to make lots of drone/noise/experimental or industrial shit, get a Lyra.
If you just want something that sounds good and can be used on pretty much anything, get a Digitone.
Or just use what youā€™ve already got, itā€™s all awesome.

On the subject of the honeymoon ending, I guess my use of the Lyra has shifted a lot over the last 9 months or so of having it. When I first got it, I put it front and centre in everything I did and ā€œplayedā€ the shit out of it. More and more though Iā€™m learning to use it for adding texture and really subtle stuff that none of my other gear can easily replicate. Youā€™d be hard pressed to pick out the Lyra in a lot of my recent tracks, but itā€™s always there, and the tracks sound much less alive without it.

Digitone and Lyra sound amazing together though.

4 Likes

Shit I had been holding back but that box is awesome.

A) No.
B) You dont

If youā€™re the sort of person that watched Vlads original prototype demo and instantly wanted one, and responded to his call out for emails saying, ā€˜if I get enough interest I might make some available to buyā€™, then placed your name on a list and waited, not knowing if it would ever happen, if you are that sort of person that would buy such a weird and beautiful peice of boutique electronics, with no real pragmatic use for it other than, ā€˜it sounds coolā€™, if you are then the sort of person that was happy to wait 6 months while it was made, then another unknown amount of time for it to travel from Ukraine to where ever on earth you are, and you read until the end of this horrible long sentance punctuated only by commas, then Lyra is definitley for you. Get one.

3 Likes