LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

I’ll knock something out tomorrow for you.

2 Likes

Sure it can be subtle if you want. Subtle for Lyra.
In this video Vlad goes through main modes

What he calls ‘organ’ mode is the tamest subtlest sound. So you can hear the cleanest least chaotic sound of Lyra.

To be honest, LYRA is all about the chaos. If you want easily controlled tame, subtle kinds of ambient, maybe go for the hydrasynth. Depends on your aesthetic. I like dirt, grit, noise, distortion, even in ambient types of music. So for me Lyra is perfect.

1 Like

Sorry about the clipping, I’m in the middle of a change in setup and I didn’t have time to gain stage everything properly, but here’s a quick little something I knocked up in 5 minutes to show the (slightly) more subtle side of the Lyra, with occasional bursts of less subtleness, obvs.

All the sounds are Lyra through a Polara pedal and Quadraverb, filtered and eq’d (but probably not enough) through the Analog Heat.

7 Likes

really like this, even with the clipping. it’s hinting at the chaos that could be released. but you have contained it. even though it will probably murder you in your sleep :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this :slight_smile:

I’m convinced I gotta just try one myself. I don’t think it would be hard to sell if worse comes to worse and I hate it. I got a feeling it would fit well into my setup.

Plan on sampling it a lot through my asr-10 and it would be pretty cool to play some of the stuff across keys.

1 Like

Get the green one, it looks sick.

2 Likes

In between that and the pink one :slight_smile:

I’m a little annoyed they only had two options when I bought mine. The pink is also banging to look at.

Would have gone for green or orange if those options were available.

I’m on a mission to make wild soundscapes for a film about mental health, existentialism, and comics. Already stocked up on some wild modules to accomplish this, but now I’m drawn to this Lyra. Obviously, this sounds like it would be an amazing tool for what I am setting out to do, but they don’t appear to be available anywhere around me in the states.

Should I get one?

Any idea how long I’ll be waiting if I preorder from Perfect Circuit?

Yes

No idea, shouldn’t think it would be too long.

1 Like

@Fin25

That’s the most appealing demo I’ve heard from the Lyra.

Preordered a black one. :grin:

1 Like

Just got off the phone with them and they gave me a 3 week estimate.

1 Like

Bout to pre order a green one <3

2 Likes

And that’s a result of five minutes work in a half put together setup. The beauty of the Lyra is that you kinda set it up to go a certain way then hold on while it does what it does, trying your best to stop it jumping off a cliff and killing everyone. Sometimes it sounds good and sometimes it makes sounds beyond my ability to describe them. It’s never boring to play though.

1 Like

:drooling_face: Wow! I’m in total awe over the Lyra 8. Especially, after this video.

2 Likes

Black is my colour too.
Basically all my kit is now black.
I’m sure you’ll be very happy together.

3 Likes

I recorded a little session (I don´t know why but somehow I dislike the term “jam”) with the Lyra and the Neutron. Focus is obviously the Neutron in this one since I´m controlling it through the turntable… might upload the whole session to youtube (even though I´d like to avoid using any Google services) and post it later if someone´s interested.

2 Likes

Sometimes I feel like the Lyra is jamming me…

4 Likes