Lyra 8 alternatives

Tell you guys what I listened today that almost got close and I’m not talking the intricacies but the new dreadbox NYX V2 does some nice drones

1 Like

Yeah, i got the 4. I love it. Especially through my EHX Flanger Hoax and EQD Afterneath.

2 Likes

I’ll bump this to share the ensemble I put up a few days ago, which is an adaptation of the Lyra 8 in Reaktor. Hopefully someone gets some good use from it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13457

20 Likes

If I had a million likes to give a post… look forward to trying it. How close does it sound? Not in a 1:1 translation way but the general sonic territory.

1 Like

In the comments on the user library someone said it was a good companion to their IRL Lyra. It’s very good at noise / weird soundscapes. The FM cross-modulation can make great screeching feedback-type noises. Here’s a clip I made while it was in development:

And there are the three snapshots (presets) it comes with:

3 Likes

Hey! Wonderful instrument! Lost myself playing it just like with the hardware one. Any chance you share the bg picture so we could try different colors?

1 Like

I could make the B View of the ensemble into a white version, I suppose. Even though mint green is the best color they offer for that unit!

Noise Maschine iOS can come very very close, but single voice.
Try it :mask:

1 Like

Check this one; I own a Lyra 8 and ordered one of these too

2 Likes

I pushed an update a few days ago with that white panel, hopefully that helps!

4 Likes

I know it’s been a while, but this Ensemble is great and I love the mint green!

1 Like

Thanks! It was a fun covid project.