LØSTLVLS Korg Drumlogue Sample Pack

What a day it’s been for Elektronauts, I’m buzzing! I’m proud to present my latest creation, an extensive sample pack of the Drumlogue, the latest do-it-all groovebox from Korg, this time with analogue engines and stereo sample playback.

This was a much bigger sampling project than I realised, as the synth engines are actually pretty deep. I recorded every stock sample in the machine, including drum transients, as well as multiple presets where everything is mixed together with filters, drive etc.

This sample pack features a ginormous 511 one-shot samples covering the full range of sounds on offer - 72 kicks (plus 16 transients), 32 hats (plus 32 raw samples) 32 snares (plus 9 transients), 16 claps (plus 16 raw samples) 32 toms (plus 10 layers), 16 rimshots (plus 16 raw samples), 16 Nano fx, 16 Nano plucks, and a whopping 180 Nano waveforms including multiple ring-modulations. All one-shots are presented in 24-bit, 48kHz as well as 16-bit, 48kHz, to maximise compatibility with your sampler/s of choice.

There are also 25 sample chains provided with the download, including .ot files designed for use with the Elektron Octatrack (pre-sliced, evenly-spaced sample chains). These sample chains are presented in 24-bit and 44.1khz sample rate so they work better with the Octatrack, though they will now work nicely in the new Digitakt firmware, as well as any hardware or software sampler which can handle slices

Finally, there is an Ableton Live Drum Selector rack (will work in Live Suite only) which allows you to program a pattern and change the sample with the turn of an encoder, as well as alter decay, pitch, distortion, compression and more with ease.

Click here to check out the pack!

Please let me know what you think and if I have made any mistakes, and I will do my best to respond quickly and rectify any issues.

18 Likes

Awesome work! Just grapped the pack. Will try it out now. Thanks!
Even though the Drumlogue seems to have many flaws, I really like it’s sound.

1 Like

Perfect timing for Bandcamp Friday. Sounds excellent!

2 Likes

Thanks to you I’ll never have to buy a drum machine again!

5 Likes

in terms of sample chains for digitakt, are yours arranged in 4,8,16,32,64 slices ?
you have lots of very tempting packs… that nord drum one especially

2 Likes

Yes, all sample chains in my packs are arranged in those specific slice amounts - however, some of the chains (not in this pack though) have 48 slices as the OT has a 48 slice mode as well as the ones you mentioned.

Sadly the new DT update does not feature 48 slices so I may have to pad those ones out with dummy samples so they hit 64 slices haha.

Oh, and the Nord Drum 2 pack is probably my favourite of the lot. That’s unsurprising though, as it’s my favourite drum machine to date.

Thanks to everyone who supports my work, Elektronauts is the best online community ever and your support means the world to me!

7 Likes

Somehow I cannot unzip the file on Windows 11, it gives me errors all the time about “too long” filenames, I tried to download wav format

1 Like

try and unzip into a root folder on a drive. ?
i think theres a limit to 256/512 characters within a file including the path. (it might be an old thing… not sure if win11/mac have longer filename magic in 2023)

That’s weird, the filenames are kept intentionally short so they’re as visible as possible even on displays with limited character support.

Could be the path though I’ve not heard this before… @arctor023 could you try unzipping with a different program, maybe WinZip or WinRAR?

i only heard this again recently as we’re doing naming / folder structure work for the project at work…(unreal based project).

quick google search

2 Likes

That did the trick, works with 7.zip, WinRAR etc., only built-in Windows unzip has issues

1 Like

Great news! I remember having issues with the stock Windows unzipper many moons ago.

1 Like

What is a transient ?

Drum sounds usually have an initial punchy attack followed by a longer decay. That initial attack part is the transient. You can make interesting new sounds by combining a transient with other samples.

With other drum samples ?
Like layering ?
It’s the first transient sample use ?
Tx

1 Like

Here’s a really good explanation of what the term transient means, @Alice:

Definitely an essential thing to understand, especially when dealing with compression and drums.

4 Likes

Yep! So a drum sound has a very short ‘click’ sound at the beginning, and a snare might have an equally short ‘crack’ sound. The Drumlogue has these transient sounds available as very short samples. Imagine hitting a metal table with a pen - you have the initial ‘click’ sound of the two materials coming into contact, followed by the sound of the metal reverberating with the force of the hit. Same with a snare drum - the drumstick impacts the snare skin, makes the initial ‘crack’ (the transient) followed by the body of the sound. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I have to thank you for this soundpack !

2 Likes

Hello! I have spent the last week or so feverishly updating the Drumlogue pack - initially it was to fix some tuning issues, but it soon became clear a lot could be done to tweak all aspects of the pack!

The number of one-shot samples has decreased to 379 - the reason for this is that I have pulled all the long recordings of the Nano synth and made them into 192 endlessly-looping oscillators! So the amount of samples is now 571. There are 11 sample chains covering all the one-shots, and the Ableton Live Selector Kit has been massively beefed-up to now contain all the one-shots in a Drum Selector Rack (with a macro changing the selected sample across each type of sound ie kick drum, snare etc) and there are three Synth Selector Racks, one for sawtooth, square wave and triangle wave oscillators respectively! Both racks feature effects and can be tweaked and automated to your heart’s content.

This upgrade comes at no additional cost for existing owners of the pack, and new owners will only pay an extra £1, which I think is fair for the amount of blood, sweat and tears I’ve poured into this since re-evaluating!

There is also a new preview on Bandcamp featuring everything in action, including the oscillators on bass, lead and chord duty:

The documentation in the ‘Miscellaneous’ folder is now 10 pages long, and contains lots of info such as specific details regarding the one-shots, oscillators, sample chains, the Live Selector Kit, batch file conversion and tips and tricks, amongst other things. Check it out. :smiley:

Please let me know if there are any issues and I’m always happy to take on suggestions for improvements and future endeavours. Enjoy!

2 Likes