Loose display shield on OT MK2

Just had the same issue with my brand new black mkII :frowning:

You can actually see some light reflecting from my computer monitor underneath. Just opened a ticket - fingers crossed

Gosh all these issues made me pull the plug on a MK1 Octa and A4

Wanted to update with my experience. I contacted support and they had me send it back for exchange. The new unit actually had the same issue but not nearly as bad so ill just be keeping it because i dont want to go another month without an octatrack. Heres a much clearer picture of the original faulty unit.

2 Likes

can you share a picture of you replacement unit?

Screen protector still on. I actually kind of wish I kept the old one because this one has a slightly sticky trig

1 Like

My black mk2 also has this, not as bad as @halfnhalf 's first, more like the second one. It’s not the end of the world of course, but it is a rather expensive instrument, so I’m trying to make my mind up whether to get it repaired or not.

Just wondering what you all think of how picky one should be?

Be as “picky” as you are.

If the blemish means you are unsatisfied with your purchase, seek satisfaction. If you don’t care, there is unlikely to be any further consequence to not doing anything.

3 Likes

How many time the new OT is warranty by Elektron ?

It would be cool to open the new black OT to see how is inside. If the weldings are ok and if the parts are well set together or if it’s a mess.

Thanks, sometimes when confused it’s good to hear some simple but sound advice from others :slight_smile:

2 Likes