Loopmasters sample packs format?

Hello Everyone!
I’m newbie in music producing, just bought analog four MK2 and Rytm MK2 and never used any DAW before, From this thread i’ve discovered a loopmasters store and here is my question. There is two formats when buying something which pack do i need to buy zip or Ableton?
Thank you for attention)

1 Like

Depends on the contents that are provided?

The “Full Zips” normally contain everything. The Ableton ones normally contain all the wavs; but skip out items that are not applicable/unique to Ableton; such as Kontakt / Logic patches or such.

Got a link for one?

Yep, this one for example https://www.loopmasters.com/genres/16-Drums/products/1824-Synth-Drums
other one have only zip format https://www.loopmasters.com/products/7900-Let-There-Be-Techno
And one question about loopcloud. is it ok that it doesn’t show my wishlist from website?

The Ableton version has Sampler presets which you don’t need.

I don’t want to be rude but why do you need sample packs after just buying 2 great machines who produce great tones on their own and then some?

So the best choice is to by zip archives all the time?

1 Like

Because it’s a sampler and there are sales on samples?

1 Like

Yeah or sometimes the offer portions of the collections split into independent collections, like only the drum hits.

1 Like

ok then, samples for the win

So that one has two options; Ableton Live and Zip (Main)

The Ableton one contains the below; so do you use Ableton? As all the samples have been mapped for working with Ableton. You say you don’t; so not much use to you anyway, no?

The Zip/Main one on the other hand; contains all samples; as well as containing other mappings e.g. Kontakt, NNXT etc.

If in doubt; go with Zip/Main.

Note that some sample packs may have less when offered as “Ableton Live Pack” or such; so refer above.

3 Likes

As i said I’m newbie and this is a new world for me , so it’s not rude to give someone good advice i appreciate it.

All good, I would just feel like diving in the sounds of the machines before samples come into play, that’s what I wanted the say. Of course, sample packs are valid tools.

Sample player to be picky :wink:

Looks like I’m going to stay with loopmasters for all night:)
Thank you so much for help. And many thanks to everyone who helped with advice.
From Russia with Love:)

3 Likes

Nah MKII samples.

1 Like

100% agreed , but it’s a sale it would be insane not to buy it now, I’ll examine them much more later:) First of all i’ll dive in to 181 pages manual))

2 Likes

OOOooohhh damn, I am an idiot. I guess I have to gas for a Rytm MK2 now! Was still in mk1 land. My bad

1 Like

Does anyone had the same wishlist issue with loopcloud? it’s empty , but ok on the web page.