Loopers

Thanks Flex…
follow ups- if i had prerecorded loops on the EHX, i assume those would need to start first and then have the boomerangs sync to them? or would those prerecorded loops quantize to a boomerang loop set first?
I also have a nemesis and boss MD-200 i might as well add to the mix for BPM / tap tempo sync…
if i went the route of a midiclock, what do you recommend with all the info i have provided?
Disaster Area has the Smart Clock gen 3…

Unfortunately, since the EHX doesn’t have MIDI out, they won’t be able to sync with what I described.

You should be able to get them all to work if you have something that can send clock (like a sequencer, DAW, or even some MIDI controller pedals) to all three, preferably through a MIDI splitter so there is no potential for added latency. Definitely more complex, but would give you the flexibility to use any pedal in any order.

Disaster Area is recommending the SmartClock Gen3 based on everything i have stated…along with a MIDI Solutions MultiVoltage Quadra Thru 1-in 4-out MIDI Through Box

2 Likes

That’ll do it! Let us know how it all works out for you.

1 Like

wondering how MOD Dwarf might be able to fit in this list…

anyone here had experience with MOD products?

1 Like

ALO: a new multi-looper with BPM sync - Plugin: Publishing - MOD Devices Forum

2 Likes

Seems interesting!

1 Like

Anyone using the Poly Beebo looper? I know it is based on the EDP, but haven’t heard much about how well it is integrated. Seems pretty great from specs though (especially since the unit is a completely modular device)…

Roland is Bossing mk2’s!

1 Like

Ah thanks, I would be interested, but apparently nothing really new on the video…need to check specs…
You’ll find MKIs cheaper !
(Bought mine 310€ as new, it was cheap).

1 Like

So nothing really new, but really nice improvements. I’ll wait MKIII to buy this one! :content:

44,1 khz 32 bit float recording (1,5 hours recordings, more in total)

4 input fx at the same time, all types possible, 4 configuration/routing banks

4 track fx at the same time, all types possible, 4 configuration/routing banks

4 additional knobs for settings (2 assignable)

Track FX button per track.

2 Mic in
2 stereo in
Ability to record them separately

1 stereo main
2 stereo sub out
2 Exp pedal in or up to 4 switches

3 Likes

Emkaytoo - if enough idiots say something wrong it becomes accepted. Now vocoded :laughing:

What next? Calling midi em-eye-dee-eye.

4 Likes

Eheh, I thought about you hearing that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What about Em kay eye eye ?

6 Likes

I’ll take the Mark 2 as a family Xmas present, everybody will like that here!

Buy several MKIs you’d put in the tree as tinsels !

1 Like

Hahaha, nice idea.

Yea, I think the MKI would suffice to play around with,… and the price is going down fast! 413EUR new at the moment. I will keep looking and if it drops more I will get a new MK1.

I am not a beatboxer anyway,… it’s just that the 2 mic inputs on the MK2 (without using extra gear) are a real pro for family fun.

Not sure if it has been mentioned. A new floor unit from boss. I think I like it better than their new tabletop one. A bit overkill for me, but nice routing options.

6 Likes

I was about to ask you for a recommendation on the quintessential OT looping video, but I decided to look myself and found a nice short one. I’m convinced.

5 Likes

Looks pretty cool

1 Like

Yes, nice improvements too.

RC505 having faders and fx knobs, I find it much more interesting for remixes on the fly.
2 footswitches or more control with a midi foot controller. (I had RC50 and RC300 before, no brainer if you’re interested in electronic music imho).

Easier, more fun than with OT for sure.

My son a few years ago. Unfortunately he didn’t persist. Btw I gave RC505 online lessons to a 8 yo boy, he was impressive, seeming made for that…but too impulsive, without patience, apparently disliking ungrateful learning moments…
His father apparently really liked my approach, but maybe this year he’ll play football. :content:

6 Likes