Looking for DIY single hit drumkit recordings

Someone has got any resource for these?
Particularly looking for close mic’d snaredrums and rides, crashes. The kind of stuff you hear on Dial M for monkey and Ultravisitor.
Closed and open hihats are also welcome.
Maybe someone has a kit and a Rode NT1 or similar and wants to share?
I’m open for an exchange. I’m not sure what to offer in return, though :slight_smile:

I’m guessing by your username you don’t have Ableton. If you did, and had Suite, I seem to recall there being a lot of these types of hits with both close and room mics and different articulations.

Apart from that, I’m not sure.

1 Like

I’ve tried many. BFD, Kontakt, Logic, Akai CD-roms, Battery. But these are all too clean and polished. They all have kind of a generic sound.

Ideally, I need to go through many snares and mics to get the sound I want.

Currently I’m using drums from records, but it’s a bit limited

Maybe SM Drums?

Our aim is to provide an immaculately sampled collector drum kit in an easy to use format (Kontakt) as well as the open WAV samples to map in your own samplers of choice. The naming and organization should make it quite easy.

1 Like

Check out Ugritone drum kits, they have some “not polished” :grin: and at fair prices too.

1 Like

You might find it interesting to dig in previous “sample sources” related threads:

And check ZaBong’s “one shots” pack:

6 Likes

j-zone’s drums sound great. most of his packs are loops but this pack is one-shots:

2 Likes

I don’t suppose you have access to or know someone with a drum kit, because capturing your own with a few different mics and a field recorder will give you something totally unique. Plus, it’s quite fun to try loads of different combinations of distance, position, angle etc. That’s proper DIY!

2 Likes

I was hunting through old topics to see if anyone had already covered this. I’m trying to find single hit organic drums but with a caveat: I need them to have snare rolls in there too. I’ve not come up with a great deal, but I did find these which might be of use to the OP: