Longest Samples ? Audio tracks?

Hi Elektronaughts .
I think I am buying an OT in a few months. The only feature I wish it had is audio tracks.I have lots of recordings to sample and lots of midi gear to seq .
What’s the longest timing measure we can sample and how good is it at streaming those 100mb static samples?
Do many of you use it this way &/or sample 4-6 phrases to arrange a song structure, that can then be effected and accompanied?

Hi,
long (static) samples are played very well by the machine. I used files with more than 45 min length without any problems, while changing playback speed, start point etc. on the fly.
The longest time you can sample depends on your settings. With 16bit flex (not 24 bit) and using dynamic recorder buffer you have more than 3 minutes sampling time. You can use the whole buffer (80mb? - it’s in the manual).

If you allocate all the Octatrack’s (85.5 MB) RAM to a recorder buffer, then you can record about 8 minutes of stereo.

It works very well.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.This sounds good.
I read a request for audio tracks on the OT2 thread ,so worried a little about its ability to stream audio over more than one patterns length.Seems like I’ll be fine to sync in ,DJ style, long audio with OTs seq.
Still not sure exactly what to expect,except its a super sampling groove box\excellent midi seq I guess.
Thanks again.
Any one else out there, who rocks OT like this with long samples, it would be great to hear from you.

I usually use 2 static machines playing my full tracks, and 2 other flex to play loops or resample and mangle those 2 static tracks…

I bought “extreme” card and everything works as expected… (if you prepare tracks to correct start possition and you can tell bpm… (if you need to beatmatch)…
Go for it… But dont be sad if you hit some walls…
octa is a complex sampler, mixer, fx unit… And may take some time, to learn or figure out… especially if you dont have any elektron experience…

2 Likes