Logitech Mx master 3s & ableton?

anyone used a logitech mx master 3s with ableton?

Do the horizontal scroll wheel & extra buttons work well as ableton shortcuts?

I’m in the market for a high end mouse with shortcuts n nice QOL stuff.
I’ve a usbC macbook so its gotta be Bluetooth. got my eye on the 3s.

I have the mx master 3, not sure what’s different about the 3s… with mine in Ableton you can do vertical & horizontal scroll, and use the Logi Options app to customize button assignments per app, including assigning a button to a keyboard shortcut.

1 Like

nice nice.

what kinda shortcuts do you tend to map to the buttons?

can you do something like say… hold a button and scroll wheel to zoom? sorta like a shift function.

[edit: I see the extra gesture button now. that might work for ableton zoom]

I don’t have anything mapped for Ableton, I already was used to the keyboard shortcuts when I got the mouse.
On mac in the arrangement area, alt-scroll while hovering makes a track taller or shorter and cmd-scroll zooms the timeline.

2 Likes

just wanted to say that I’ve used all kinds of mice (mouses?) from all kinds of vendors in my life, not the one in question though, I’m with G Pro Lightweight and loving it, but no mouse scroll comes near Magic Trackpad for scrolling and zooming, it’s just so natural with double finger gestures, it does not replace a mouse for me but for gesture actions it’s superior by far to any mouse I ever had.
but, maybe the Mx Master 3s is something unique… highly doubt it though…

1 Like

man I hate using macbook trackpad with ableton. Just doesn’t do it for me.

the thing Trackpad sucks at is as a mouse cursor, but it really excels at scrolling and zooming, I still use it with a mouse, but can’t remember when was the last time I’ve used the mouse scroll wheel… just saying…

1 Like

gotcha.

Im gonna test this im freaking done with the batteries… can say that much about my wireless experience so far.

I’ve used the MX masters for years. Great mouse and I use the horizontal scroll wheel all the time in DAWs

Works great with Excel sheets too if you’re into that sort of thing hehe

1 Like

yeah im gonna pay there asking price i hope the scroll wheel is also better. It’s all fine when it works haha

See if there are any Amazon warehouse deals for them, can usually save a bit

The free-running vertical scroll wheel is my favourite feature of this mouse. Give it a flick and it will keep on spinning. It’s one of those things that makes you can’t stand using other mice.

1 Like

I wanted the trackball first :smiley:

I use a trackpad with my left hand, trackball with the right. I’m right handed, but I trained myself to use the left because mousing or trackpad-ing with my right causes pain.

The combo is excellent

MX Anywhere looks also nice… I currently use a WMO 1.1 :rofl:

This mouse is crazy good. I use the thumb button for undo. The front button for CMD-E and the Back button for Show/Hide Browser.

Love the horizontal scroll too.

2 Likes