Logic Pro X + Overbridge + Digi´s

Maybe try a fresh project just to make sure a setting hasn’t gotten messed up somewhere? Logic’s monitoring options are pretty complex and I know it’s tripped me up in the past

1 Like

I’ll try to verify for sure as soon as I’m through working. I have had a few weird issues since the latest MacOS update. I think I’m currently 1 behind the latest.

I tend to use OB and interface separately most of the time.

1 Like

That’s a good point, versions. I am on Catalina, and running Logic 10.5.1. My Digi is completely up to date, but my OB is 2.0.58.8. I think the only updates on OB since is for Big Sure compatibility? Please correct me if that is wrong. FYI, I can NOT update OSX further for my interface and plugins will not be supported.

So I think my issue was Input and Output devices settings yesterday. I am not sure what I was doing wrong.

I was able to make an aggregate device. First I tried making one of OB, my Interface, and Soundflower (for sampling from the internet). This failed spectacularly. Logic kept changing input and output devices on it’s own, and the interface kept disabling itself in the aggregate device.
I then remade the aggregate and left Soundflower out. Input name/numbering is a little weird, but I got that sorted out. So far so good. Made a project template with all the tracks laid out the way I want and it’s working. Opened a new project, no Digi sounds. I guess you have to select the plug-in for Logic to realize you want to use it? Either way, that’s all taken care of. IT’S ALIVE!

I would like to figure out how to add Soundflower to it, but I am not sure I need it. I can do my sampling separately, but I know some day I’m going to want to sample something in a way that I can’t and it’s going to drive me nuts.

Either way, thanks for the help guys. As usual, this is the best place to find actual help and actual answers.

1 Like

I thought Soundflower became Loopback?

do you have an I/O?

just asking cuz, what I do to get computer back into the mix is I just take [say] output 15-16 on my MOTU, route that back into my computer to a track in Logic that has no output, so there is no feedback loop. I can hear what’s playing from the computer, so no need to monitor. when done, just assign outputs to the track that is taking sound from the computer. either to add to a mix or export the sampled audio. you can also divert that to other gear if you wanna sample with them instead.

if I missed what you are after…then I maintain my stupidity with yet another shit answer.

My interface actually does have Loop Back. Just don’t know how to use it yet. But yeah I guess I could do that. Appreciate all your help!

ya just have it go back to itself on a operate track with no output in Logic. :+1:t6:

I do it A LOT :slight_smile:

Can anyone help with the new macOS Monterey and issues with Logic and OB? When I try and set up my DT, the plug in folder only displays the options for the Analog heat, which I don’t have. It doesnt seem to see the DT as a soundcard either. My OB is recognising my DT, and it works in ableton but I need to get a live session done in Logic and I can’t figure out what the fuck to do. I’m mounting a copy of big sur to a USB drive but I have no back up, so I’m worried if I install a new older OS it’ll wipe my hard drive too…

Fixed it. What a fuck on. Panic over

1 Like

An excellent tutorial vid Dave

2 Likes

Hi, how do you change tracks on the digi in this pluggin track? For me it’s just locked on the first track when I play with my usb midi keyboard on that track?
And also, can I record midi on seperated tracks?

thx

Hi, I want to have the audio and the midi recorded in logic for each of the digitone tracks. And also, I want to be able to play it with my usb midi keyboard.
I always have a problem, either, if I don’t create sepcific midi tracks, I can’t switch digitone tracks (I am locked on the first one). Or either I create midi tracks, it works well, but the the bus to audio tracks is not working and all the 4 tracks play on all the audio tracks

haaaa
It’s been 2days I am getting upset :slight_smile:

Did you find an answer? I found creating a multi-timbral software instrument was the solution.

1 Like

the recording starts after the count in bar. if you disable the count in the problem is fixed. i think you don’t need it because the transport controls are sent via midi and the recording will start on “one”

Is it possible to sync Overbridge to the Logic transport (so it records in time / on the grid), but also record the tail of hardware delay / reverb once you stop recording? For example, inserting a transport stop command (without stopping the recording or main transport in Logic).

The best I could manage for now is to:

• start recording with the Overbridge plugin ‘Sync’ setting on “Clock+Transport,”
  • changing this to “Clock” after the recording is in progress, and then
  • manually pressing the stop button on my Analog Rytm a few bars before ending the recording.

But it would be better to automate it / trigger this on a beat. Any ideas?

Hmm clever idea from this thread: Overbridge = pain? - #15 by dialectrics

Chain a blank pattern at the end. Probably the best solution.

heads up…logic has diff sync settings…

I have NO idea why…but…

when you are JUST playing [especially if you are looping region] you have to set sync to: Pattern-Quantized Clock Start on Pattern Length. or it wont start correctly and if looping, will get out of sync.

when you are recording: Song-SPP at Play Start and Stop/SPP/Continue at Cycle Jump. any SPP werks for recording. if you are just hitting play in Logic it may not sync right.

its kinda jacked and I wish it would auto detect if you are just playing or if you are recoding and select between the Pattern and chosen Song sync settings.

1 Like

It seems like there is also a bug with the count-in as someone mentioned above. Everything works great for me, until it doesn’t and the sequencer starts playing during the count-in, 1/2/3 beats early. Maybe I will send a bug report to Elektron.

To get it working again, I need to restart both the Overbridge Engine and Logic (still not sure of the exact order).

I actually never had issue. :thinking:

That is fortunate it’s working for you!

In the past day, this happened to me multiple times, seemingly at random. Testing all possible scenarios and settings… at fast tempos (e.g. 250 bpm) it starts on time, after the pre-roll. At normal-to-slow tempos, it starts on pre-roll beat 2, but sometimes on 3…

A computer + hardware restart and new project in Logic + Rytm did not fix it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the Overbridge Engine. This fixed it for a minute, and the problem started again. Uninstall / Reinstall once more and it’s working… for now. :pray: