Logic Pro X / Final Cut Pro X trial versions available

This might be old news, but I just realized that Apple offers 90 day trial versions of both Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X. You can download them from

Best,
Hans

2 Likes

Just finished installing Logic Pro. Going to see if it’s for me. I qualify for the education bundle (I think) but was convincing myself a Pro 11 was around the corner but Pro X isn’t even beyond 10.5 yet.

2 Likes

They extended the trial from 30 days to 90 during the crisis too, which is handy.

Logic is still super cheap compared to ableton for example, and for you get it’s pretty incredible. I paid for a logic 8 full licence For about £400 which was the educational one, in about 2008 and have upgraded it with each new release. Once they dropped the physical discs and packaging etc, it halved in price.

I’m well tempted to have another pop at Final Cut X…I was a FC 7 user and loved that version so when X came out I hated it at the time, went to adobe…I don’t have any specific video work snd I’m a little rusty so I’d love to just make some films, or record performances with better production values than just my iPhone, a crappy tripod and a Roland go…

1 Like

Yes, mentioned in the deals thread but worthy of it’s own thread I’d say. Logic is perhaps worth it just for the plugins. I bought mainstage for that purpose (at an even cheaper $25).

Just an FYI that I’ve got another 90 day free trial. I’m using the same MBP and account details. This happened when I trialed 10.4 before 10.5 came out so when I learned of 10.6 I thought I’d chance it. Thing is, the trial is still 10.5.1!

Anyway, I was wanting to test a few things that were broken in 10.5 when I last trialed it and so far so good. Finally time to take the plunge?..

10.6 repaired more than 350 bugs, its much more stable. its a pity they offer an unreliable version as a trial …

That’s like: my new Opel costs half of your Subaru :wink: And: Live 10 Suite (with gratis upgrade to 11) costs 466 EUR right now and today. Standard: 272 EUR. (And AFAIR the Suite just includes semi-intuitive instruments, patches and many samples.) So even from the money-perspective Ableton seems to be more attractive. :slight_smile:

The suite version has more than double the software instruments (including sampler and wave table) and lots of audio/midi FXs. I use it and will most likely use my cheaper price upgrade to 11. But without suite you don’t get all 11 instruments and tons of other important things.

Also I think it’s a total price gauge. They kinda leave leave you no option if you intend on using it fully. You don’t even get external instrument until the standard edition.

Yep. but it’s Logic against Ableton and not Ableton vs Ableton+ :wink: I just wanted to point out that the medium Ableton has just as much DAW to offer for not even 300. Maybe I’m going to like all that suite instruments some time in the future, but now I rarely use them. Just like with the Maschine fills - they sound nice at first but if you want to build your own track you spend more time searching than you would have needed to sample on your own. I use FM8 and Aalto, some Samples from Mars and external gear. I love the built in polyrhythm ability of Ableton and the fact that you can record and then edit your live clips session. I hate that even in Version 11 it seems not to have a simple step edit/enter procedure (like old cubase or MPCs)…

Haha yea I’m aware of what the thread title is. Was just pointing out that ableton is not particularly affordable in comparison. Like I said, I use both and have done for years.