Logic + OB + Syntakt, trig velocity keeps being set to 1

I’ve had a Syntakt for a few weeks and have just got around to recording some of my jams into Logic. I’m using a Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro 10.7.6, and Overbridge 2.1.5.4.

I’ve been having a weird problem where randomly the Syntakt tracks in Logic would go really quiet, like barely audible, and I couldn’t work out how to get them back to normal, although some notes would still play at normal volumes. This even continued when using the Syntakt stand-alone. It usually took turning the Syntakt off/on, or reloading projects/patterns to get things working properly again.

I think that I’ve finally tracked down the problem however. I eventually noticed that the default track trigger velocity was getting set to 1 across all the tracks. I assume that the random notes that were sounding properly had a p-locked velocity. Setting the velocity back to a sensible level fixes the problem. I’ve found that double clicking the stop button in Logic causes this to happen, although I have a feeling that might not be the only thing. Has anyone else experienced this?

In case anyone else has this issue, here’s the response I got from Elektron support on this:

I have not seen other reports of this problem, but I found that when “Control 2 (Breath Control) to zero” is checked in Logic Pro Preferences > MIDI > Reset Messages , the velocity parameter of all tracks is set to 1 when double-clicking STOP. Spying on the output from Logic Pro, using a MIDI monitor, I can tell that Logic Pro sends out CC number 4 with a value of zero on all MIDI channels when double-clicking STOP (if “Control 2 (Breath Control) to zero” is checked). CC number 4 will change the Syntakt velocity parameter, which explains the problem. If you uncheck this setting in Logic Pro, it should not happen anymore.