Local Mode?

Hi Guys,

I have tried to find the solution to this in the manual but without success. Whatever I do in the synth midi settings, it seems to be acting like ‘local mode’ is on. In other words, the AK always plays sounds when i press the keys within my DAW (Cubase) regardless of what midi channel I am on. It also plays sounds without entering my DAW and I’ve experienced this before with other synths and was able to solve it by switching local mode off.

I would like to achieve the same thing with AK so that I can play VSTs within my DAW on some midi channels and then play AK sounds when I’m on the relevant AK midi channel.

Is there a similar setting for AK or does this need addressing elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

What settings do you have in the MIDI PORT CONFIG and MIDI CHANNELS menus on the AK?

MIDI PORT CONFIG

Turbo Speed - NO
Out Port Func - MIDI
Input From - MIDI
Output To - MIDI
Outut CH - TRK CH
PARAM Output - NRPN
Encoder CFG - INT+EXT
Joystick CFG - INT+EXT
Keboard CFG - INT+EXT
Receive Notes - YES
Receive CC/NRPN - YES
LIVE REC ON TRK CH - YES

MIDI CHANNELS
Track 1 Channel - 2
Track 2 Channel - OFF
Track 3 Channel - OFF
Track 4 Channel - OFF
Track FX Channel - 2
Track CV Channel - 2
PEF Channel - OFF
Auto Channel - 2
PROG CH IN CH - 2
PROG CH OUT CH - 2

I’ve been using a single track on the AK within Cubase and with the synth track set to midi ch 2.

Can someone who knows Cubase help this forum member?

Hello Christiaan,

How is the analog keys connected to your audio interface?
Do you press the midi ext button when playing the vst plugin?
Justus

Hi and thanks for answering :slight_smile:

The AK is connected via Midi only.

I have not been pressing the MIDI EXT button at all, i’ve just been moving to a different channel in cubase to play my sampler or other vsts. They play but so does the AK even if its a different midi channel to the AK’s track.

Should I press MIDI EXT each time I switch channels to play a different instrument?

Hello Christiaan,

As far as i know the midi ext button turns the AK in to midi controller mode and bypasses the internal circuitry when you use the keys.
AK midi data you recorded into cubase should still playback though.

There are probably other ways to set it all up but this is the way i use the AK with cubase.

Let us know if you got it all working!

Justus

1 Like

Yes that was it! Something so simple - thanks for your help

1 Like

Perfect, no problem :joy:

Justus