LIVEN 8bit warps

Hey I just want to clear your conscience and verify that it does not count. In the clear my dude.

2 Likes

Do you guys know if will be shipped directly from Japan? So That would mean to consider VAT and other import fees? The Band set is defenetely an interesting deal but this is something to be considered

I donā€™t know how that will work for EU customers but the KS says that it includes worldwide shipping unless youā€™re in a country which has a shipping price noted. Wish I could tell you more, Iā€™m really hyped on getting both synths for such a wonderful price that Iā€™m ready to put on a Sonicware shirt and start repping them at conventions :joy:

Over 70% of the way to the goal!!!

1 Like

Wow the KS is almost fully funded with many days to go still. They have a large booth at NAMM and have been promoting like crazy, been following the instagram and it looks like theyā€™re having fun. Excited to see more demos after the show. Breathing a sigh of relief now that I know the project is going to be a success, Iā€™m hungry for 8 bit cronch and the looper recorder is a serious feature. Looks like theyā€™re drawn a TON of influence from Elektron & Teenage Engineering products while keeping it unique, which is fantastic

2 Likes

This one is now pretty thoroughly backed, and rightly so! After there being a few demos at NAMM that were more discussing features and only a little bit of synth, SonicState have uploaded a sounds onlyā€¦

Sounds really great to me - 8-bit crunch combined with pretty decent onboard FX and with the promise of parameter locks. Seems a legit replacement for those that were hoping for a synth in Model:??? range from Elektron.

It definitely doesnā€™t Past-Self!!!

Good to hear someone trying some other types of sounds, styles of playing and melodics on this thing, thanks @cuckoomusic

2 Likes

Either I forgot or just missed the fact that it has a 64 step sequencer with plocksā€¦for $164!!! Thatā€™s just effing insane!!!
Okay, Iā€™m in. I just ordered the nABC from SuonoBuono. Iā€™m gonna need to sell some more gear.

Really like this thing especially at that price but Iā€™m on a no new gear pledge* and even though I wouldnā€™t receive it for months canā€™t do the mental gymnastics to fund the kickstarter (thankfully funded) so everyone enjoy your new box in a few months!

*ok I am probably getting one thing when I get my tax returns back :wink: but thatā€™s it

Are you also aware that it has a 4 track audio looper that you can bounce running sequences out to? Not only that, it doesnā€™t interrupt anything, perfectly seamless and trimmed exactly, so the loop just keeps running and you can switch engines or parameters or whatever and keep playing over top of the loop? 3 of the loop tracks are dedicated to internal synth engine, and the fourth is for use with external audio coming in from the aux port. The synth is shockingly feature rich, Iā€™d say itā€™s even better value for the cost than anything B has put out, or any other manufacturer for that matter!!! You look at one of the metal-series pocket operators, those are $90 and quite good value in my opinion, and this is not even double the cost. Amazing.

4 Likes

Cheaper to manufacture.

This is an amazing amount of goodies for this price. I didnā€™t pay much attention to their first release as nothing caught my eye really but now Iā€™m going to pay attention. It seems like they have a whole bunch of stuff in pipes.
The looper idea is very interesting. I wonder how well the sync will work slaved to my OT.
Regardless, just for the synth engines the price is reasonable, everything else just blows away everything else at this price point.

1 Like

2020 the year of the chipt00n

2 Likes

Having another look at it, it does seem pretty coolā€¦ I wish they took a little more care on there product design, would gladly fork out a bit more if there units looked nicer. Cool features though and sound doesnā€™t seem bad, I might yet end up with one.

They are prototypes and the ELZ_1 seems super high quality, everyone on YT reviewing it really praises the fit and finish, so I think it will end up being very nice. It does look like a prototype right now for sure though I agree.

Yeah, I donā€™t think it looks like the build quality will be bad but I also think this and the ELZ_1 just looks like it was designed on a 3d printer. I quite like the look of a lot of other acrylic case based DIY stuff tooā€¦ but even there typography on there logo to me screams they need to hire a designer. It is all pretty superfluous though and they are obviously passing the savings on to the users.

1 Like

I feel you dude, I like the look but it is kind of sparse so I see how others might not. Btw the ELZ is made from steel, but itā€™s $600 of course.

The elz sounds great and the body feels great. But the keys and knobs felt so flimsy and horrible. I really like their stuff and wish the knobs felt more substantial and less like loose paper. Maybe this will feel different?

When you say flimsy, do you mean a lot of wiggle and/or no resistance?

Exactly

Funded at 434%, so awesome! Canā€™t wait for the ELZ to ship out.