Live set sample management

Hi all,

I’m working on a live set with the OT and before I get too deep into it I’m looking for some advice with regards to sample management and best practice.

I’ve started building patterns with a bunch of samples and loops making sure to use parts and banks. My concern is if I’m slicing certain loops and saving sample settings I’m worried if I reuse a loop in another pattern and slice it differently or change settings it will affect the previous pattern that uses the same sample as the settings are per project not per part or bank, right?

So my thinking now is I could maybe resample each track of each pattern into its own loop to free up the original sample for reusing in future pattern compositions. I could then purge unused samples but the downside is losing some of the flexibility with modulating parameters with the cross fader. I guess it would allow me to add new fx to those loops specifically for live mangling…?

Anyway I’m wondering how other people set things up to avoid messing up patterns or using up all sample slots? Any tips much appreciated!