Live Rig - Multiple Power Supplies

Just a thought, and bear in mind that I don’t have a clue about such things…

Would it be possible to run multiple Elektron units off one of those guitar pedal board power supplies?

Unlikely–they require too much power. The PSU-2 (used for Machinedrum, Monomachine, and Octatrack) puts out 6V at 3.5A. Good luck finding a pedalboard power supply that will produce 6V at all, let alone one that will deliver 3.5A.

There was some multi volt amp power bar I saw once not sure if it was a kickstarter project

I’ve been trying to find a simple solution to power an A4, Octatrack, Macinedrum and possibly a Rytm with a single distribution power supply for clean power to each unit. Does Voodoo Lab, BBE or similar manufacturers offer something that could do this? It would be mounted underneath the deck of a custom pedalboard so needs to be small and low profile. Obviously custom shortened Elektron PSU’s would work, just trying to find a more elegant solution…

If you ever find one, let us know! I’ve also tried looking but the power supply specs are too unflexible to cater for elektron boxes AFAIK

BTW do you reckon elektron uses these “exotic” power specs in order to prevent the use of (potentially inferior) 3rd party power supplies?

Quite possibly.

I was looking into this the other day and emailed Voodoo Lab and Sweetwater asking for suggestions. No dice unfortunately.

I’d love to buy something that would do this.