LIVE REC but without p-locking the VEL?

Hello all–

What I want: To LIVE REC some trigs, but to have those trigs without plocked VEL.
Why I want that: Because I like to turn the VEL knob to play the VEL-mods, which doesn’t work when the VEL is already plocked. But I also like to play in my trigs LIVE usually, rather than GRID REC.
What I’ve tried:
–Playing the pads with FIX on, but that just p-locks the FIX value.
–Playing the trigs, but that p-locks the current VEL value from the TRIG page.
–Playing the pads without FIX obviously locks the played VEL.
–Playing the pads while holding FUNC locks the current VEL from the TRIG page. (I think? Not sure now. Now that I think about it, I don’t know for sure that I’ve tried this.)

What I don’t want to do: Enter the notes in GRID REC, I want to play it in. But this way does in fact result in non-locked VEL values.

What might work: A way to quickly clear all VEL locks on the track. I’ve tried the HOLD NO and PUSH KNOB while LIVE REC thing, but that’s slow cause you have to wait the full loop, and frankly I’m not sure that it even works all time, like some trigs still seem to be locked even after doing this.

Thanks for thinking about it!

If you turn off velocity sensitivity, under the Sound menu, does it still record the locks?

If all else fails, once you’ve recorded, go back into normal record mode (where the trigs are spaced out over your 16 buttons, select TRIG parameter page, hold down groups of several trigs at once and tap the push encoder corresponding to VEL and it should clear the locks. Basically just go through all the trigs and clear the VEL locks. Does that work?

Thank you both for your replies–
@Octagonist It does still record the locks.
@RhythmDroid That does work but it’s really slow; I don’t generally carefully program beats, I am more into live jamming and quick manipulation of the tracks.

1 Like