LITERAL Hats? Like for yer head

3 Likes

This thread hits a painful spot. My head is size XXL. I’ve always had a particularly large head, but I’m also two metres tall so it’s kinda in proportion to my body.

In school our art teacher asked me and the shortest girl in our class to come in front of the class and then she showed everybody that the proportions in both of our bodies were the same even though I was almost twice as tall as she was. That helped a lot. I no longer was ashamed of my mega-melon, but it’s really really hard to find a hat for my head.

I have two old trucker caps that fit my head but I borrowed them in the winter for a music video project and the director never returned them. I measured my head and it’s 64cm, the usual caps that you can buy at regular shops go to 61cm at the extreme setting. I never get to choose a hat that has a cool logo or design, I just buy the ugly one that fits my enormous noggin.

6 Likes

There are other types of hats than the drum kind?

I kid. My head is way too big for most hats, therefore I have a spot of hat envy.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a bit of a struggle, isn’t it. My head is 65cm.
Winter hats are a bit easier to find as they are usually stretchy, but a good sun hat is almost impossible!
I’ve currently got a plain black cap that’s nowhere near deep enough, but it just about fits and keeps the top of my head from burning.

1 Like

I have an ugly and worn down cap serving that same purpose here. The less hair remains the quicker the burn :smile:

Much tempted by the synth nerdy ones here to improve my swag.

1 Like

Same here. It’s starting to seriously disintegrate, though.

I need it for keeping my hair under control, it’s grown quite long and my wife loves the long hair soo much…Would love to shave it off. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways…most caps look stupid on me, so not easy to find a new one.

1 Like

Yeah, not much hair left here either, so it’s factor 50 or an ill fitting hat!
Luckily I live in Scotland so it’s only sunny for about 2 or 3 weeks every year.

2 Likes

Even with the cap on i like to put factor 50 on my ears. Often working long days in direct sun in summertime…

are you mark fell? :thinking:

1 Like

No, but it does look like I have his hat :smiley:

1 Like

Hats tend to accumulate in my life but these are my daily wearers in the sunny months when not at work (I cycle through thrift store trucker hats for that since anything I wear to work gets destroyed quickly). The rest of the year it’s beanies.
My wife got me the one on the left last summer. She knows me so well!
The one on the right has a 5lowershop patch sewn onto it…but upside down, sort of appropriate in a way.

2 Likes

@hostbody , the video says it’s unavailable. :weary: Got a backup link? You reeled me in with the title.

They’re selling hippy hats in Selfridges

1 Like

It’s arrived :smile:

4 Likes

Yisssss!

You could buy a nice quality Flexfit cap and have a local alteration shop embroider a slogan or logo on there. I quite like the Flexfix quality and system where the back is all closed cuz the whole cap flexes and stretches a bit. They make caps in lots of styles and colours and materials and all very reasonably priced. They also do normal snapback caps but thats way too 80s for me :ecstatic:

Depending where you live Amazon has them quite cheap.

Make Oscillators Sync Again

2 Likes