Linking my TB03 with Digitakt?

Hi!

I’ve had my digitakt for quite some time but this will be my first time hooking up an external hardware to it, I’ve managed to figure out how to link the TB03 to an individual channel (using the digitakt to as a midi controller) but I’m trying to use them both simultaeneously/sync the basslines and the drum patterns from my digitakt, how do I go about doing this? Kind of exactly like what this guy is doing

And newbie question - the audio from the TB03 is coming out directly from the machine, how do I get the audio to come through on the digitakt?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi,
Where do you want to program a pattern? On the Digitakt or TB-03?
Additionally this guy on YT use external mixer, if you don’t have one I would recommend to use digitakt line in, you can apply DT send fx on your TB-03.
Share more details please and for sure we will help you

Cheers

To get the audio of the TB-03 coming out of the Digitakt:

-Plug an audio cable from the output of the TB-03 into either Input L or Input R of the Digitakt
-Press FUNC + LFO (Master) 3 times until you get to the External Mixer page
-Turn up the IN L or IN R level (depending on which input you plugged the TB-03 into

Settings on the Digitakt to sync the TB-03 to it using a regular MIDI cable:

-Press the settings button (the cogwheel icon)
-Go to MIDI CONFIG
-Go to SYNC
-Check off CLOCK SEND and TRANSPORT SEND
-Go back to MIDI CONFIG
-Go to PORT CONFIG
-Make sure it’s set to OUTPUT TO > MIDI

You might have to adjust some setting on the TB-03 itself for it to receive and sync to the MIDI clock of the DT. Here’s those instructions from the TB-03 manual. If it was me I’d select AUTO.

2 Likes