Lindel Audio LiN76 Compressor

LiN76

Lindell Audio’s take on the classic American 1176 compressor.

DECADES OF DYNAMICS PROCESSING

The LiN 76 has been carefully designed to recreate the timbres of nuances of vintage-era ‘76-style FET compressors.

The most classic and respected sounds of dynamic processors live on in the LiN 76, as well as the infamous “all-button” mode made famous by British recording engineers throughout the 1970’s — a sound that’s still popular today.

THE LINDELL LIN 76: INSTANT VIBE FOR TODAY’S DEMANDING STUDIOS.

• Instant vintage-vibe dynamics processing
  • USA-made transformers
  • 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, and “All-button” compression ratio modes
  • Vintage-style VU for monitoring
  • Variable attack and release times, with ultra-fast attack options
  • Balanced input and output

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Attack Continuously variable 20uS to 800uS
Release Continuously variable 50mS to 1200mS
Ratio Pushbutton selected 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 and any combination
Voltage 12VAC
AC Mains Input 100V-240V depending on supplied
Dimensions Width 438mm (19”)
Height 88mm (2U)
Depth 250mm
Weight 8kg

The LiN 76 has been carefully designed to recreate the timbres of nuances of vintage-era ‘76-style FET compressors. The most classic and respected sounds of dynamic processors live on in the LiN 76, as well as the infamous “all-button” mode

(Ed. First time posting product news here. Please advice if there are established conventions this post would benefit from following)

3 Likes

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

My question becomes, do we need another 1176?

Lindell is quality, though.

1 Like

Well this looks cool.

Well if the price on B&H is correct, then yes we do need more of them for $399.

The Universal Audio hardware version is around $2500, and even the Warm Audio is $699. This could be a great value.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1718795-REG/lindell_audio_lin76_vintage_limiting_amplifier.html

2 Likes

Kinda bummed that there is no stereo link feature for two. Not that I should be expecting it at $399 I guess.

Pretty great price. I can’t remember what the Klark Teknik units cost, or if they are still around. I’d take a Lindell over them, though, most likely.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Lindell makes some quality goods.

KT 76 currently in stock at 309€. I’d be really interested in the comparison as well. Got the KT a couple of years back and used it a bit, but finally changed my setup in a way there wasn’t room for it. As I remember it I used it mainly on kicks and bass - no idea if that is kosher, but don’t really make music with vocals, acoustic instruments or other sources I traditionally hear mentioned as program material it handles well.

I am seriously considering a Lindell Audio LiN76 at this time. I just want a second 1176 style compressor for a vocal chain setup option. My other considerations are the Black Lion Audio Bluey or Black Lion Audio Seventeen. Presently, a Warm Audio WA76 resides in my vocal rack case.

Recently, I bought a Lindell Audio LiN2A, and the build quality and sound are better than I expected per the price. I am hoping for a similar experience with the LiN76.