License sound pack for digitone

Hello everybody,
I came here because the license terms I found in Elektron specify “The Sounds in a category of ‘Sample Pack’”. And I see that some people selling their digitone with sound pack. As they are only patch and not samples are they transfered when the device is sold? Or the license terms are the same for patches?
Thank you in advance

The selling of Sample/Sound Packs bundled with a gear sale is expressly forbidden in the terms of the majority of packs. So as far as Elektronauts is concerned, this is not permitted and it’s actively monitored and removed. Listings of gear here must not include the packs or reference to packs where licence terms do not permit this.

It makes no difference if it’s sounds or samples or free - the important bit is the terms with the pack - the onus is on a seller to prove within a listing any exemptions that this is indeed supported by the creator/developer … same goes for selling licences for software etc

The marketplace sticky guidelines spell this out in greater detail, this is only visible to those who have attained and maintained marketplace access by actively contributing to the forum and engaging regularly

4 Likes

Ok thank you for your answer. Them I won’t buy these devices. As I can’t find the terms of the license without buying the package I can’t check if they are transferable or not.
Maybe Elektron would change the term of “Sample pack” because it can be confusing as this precision is not excluding the other kind of packages.

Just a precision for software, selling software license by the licensee is allowed in UE.