LFO to slice - how to?

Can anyone give any pointers please as to how to set up an LFO to change sample slice?

I have a 16 bar, 4 slice sample, that I want to change slice every time the pattern loops after 4 bars.

I think I have sussed it but then it only triggers for example the 1st and 4th slices. I am trying to used a custom LFO shape for this.

I have tried just about every thing I can think of but am not having any joy.

did you try modulating that lfo"s depth with another lfo?

No, but I think I have it sussed now.

It was just a matter of finding the right values for speed and depth in LFO set up.

I’m making notes of the values now as I work it out!

1 Like

No, but I think I have it sussed now.

It was just a matter of finding the right values for speed and depth in LFO set up.

I’m making notes of the values now as I work it out![/quote]
Glad to see you worked it out - thought I’d add the way I’d do it, if it gives you some pointers:

So you have a 4 slice loop.

LFO set to hold (so the LFO runs free but for the duration of a sample trig the value stays at the same value - meaning that the slice the LFO ‘selects’ won’t change until the next trig)

LFO depth set to random for random selection of slices, depth set to 4 (4 slices)

Here’s a handy cheat sheet for LFO speeds - from this you can determine what speed you want to set the LFO to for it to sync with your sequence length. Doesn’t really matter with a random LFO, but for ‘cyclic’ LFO’s it’s handy.

Made for the Monomachine, but I think it works for the OT, too. http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=601&Itemid=30

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and download link. I have an MnM too so it will be useful for that as well.

I think I am reasonably happy with the basics of what I was trying to achieve.

However, if I had a 16 slice sample, is there a way I could get to select which range of slices would be used? For example, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16.

1 Like

The LFO designer comes to mind. You could make an offset lfo (the entire LFO is above the 0 crossing), which probably would allow you to do this type of selecting?
Haven’t tried it, but I see why it wouldn’t work.

Hi. Succeeded too but, the lfo don’t start everytime at slice 1 when I start the sequencer. The lfo is not reseted to the first value. Any idea ?
Wave T1 : 0 2 4 6 0 2 4 6 etc…
Trig Hold.

If slice locks have already been applied to trigs, is this overridden by the lfo or are values combined? Can’t seem to tell

The lfo modulates plocked values, in a bipolar way, depending on lfos.

Ex : a plocked value is 32.
With a square lfo with depth 2, the results will be 30 and 34.

Hierarchy :
Parameter, plock, scene lock, lfo.

9 Likes

Thanks sezare

1 Like

Answering myself 4 years later! :smile:

Yes. SYNC TRIG of course!
Reset, not reseted.

11 Likes