LFO reset?

Does anyone know how to successfully reset the LFOs on M:S? I don’t mean the actual reset parameter, I have some slower LFOs that need to be started when the first pattern is started if possible.

Looking at the midi chart, I see that LFO reset has a cc. If it’s there then is it also possible on the device itself?

Take a look here:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve actually already tried that and it doesn’t work for my uses. What I wanted to do was trigger the LFO at the start of a pattern and have it run for the duration of that pattern. On the Octatrack there is ‘SYNC TRIG’ setting that does exactly that.

The only way I have found to do this is to use a pre-recorded loop that triggers on the first step, this way there are no trigs getting in the way of the LFO, not really ideal though! :slight_smile:

I don’t think there is a SYNC TRIG setting on the M:S at present.
This would be an excellent addition, though.

It’s a shame that the LFO modes are only accessible via velocity modulation. If they were accessible via the LFO menu, you could simply P-Lock the LFO mode to reset on the first step of a pattern. This would also allow the LFO to be reset at given ratios (say 1:8) rather than constraining it to the length of the pattern.

Here’s hoping for another wee update, then :crossed_fingers:

In the meantime, kraster’s tip does work, but you lose velocity > amp, and it takes a bit more work to get it going.

Yeah, that’s one of the ways I use LFOs on the OT. I like that the LFO waveform can be p-locked on M:S though, it lets you take things that little bit further :slight_smile:

Speaking of which: you could P-Lock the LFO’s waveform to ENV on a Trig to reset the LFO. The LFO on that Trig doesn’t even need a destination for this to work.

The caveat is that the Trig will be outside of the scope of your synced LFO. I’ve tried using this on Trig 1 with the volume turned off, and it works pretty well for filter sweeps. Trig 16 is also a workable, but I don’t think the LFO will reset when you first play the pattern.

1 Like

I do something similar for white noise sweeps on M:S but in this case there are no other trigs in the sequence so I can use 1:4 trc to get a long sweep.

I find it a bit odd that there’s no way to restart the lfo on beat, the actual lfo itself is actually more precise than on OT (it ends a bit early if it’s running across 64 bars, 32 bars max if precision is needed)

Maybe in an update… I think there will be an update to at least add the 100% trc that Digitakt now has…

1 Like

Just used this technique on something new, thanks for pointing it out to me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this! It feels a bit hacky, but it does the trick when coupled with the Start Phase (Sph) in the LFO Setup menu.

Dang that is annoying that they didn’t make tretrig something you could parameter lock to the first step.