LFO reset works a bit strange

Hi there,

Before I file a ticket I wanted to get some feedback on here. I’ve noticed some weird behavior.

1. LFO reset doesn’t work properly when the same note is retriggered by the sequencer when length of the previous same note is overlapping. Place a C5 note on step 1 & 9 with a length of 9. Add a LFO with trig restart and have it on Poly M.LFO in the setup menu. Place the LFO to tune all with a nice depth. You would expect that the LFO is reset on the 1 and 9, but that is only happening if you just play the sequence and then not. This would be normal if you have different notes on the 1 & 9. But other polysynths just reset the LFO except the DN.

2. If you turn LFO.T off in the Trig page and have the same LFO settings as before. Make the length 6 steps with a little release. For trig 1 P-Lock the LFO.T to on. The LFO gets reset on the 1st step everytime And not on the 9th.

Expected behavior: the LFO gets reset on the first step and then runs freely until the first hits again.

Actual Behavior: the LFO resets on the first steps. When the note is done it switches to the free running LFO in the background. The second part from 9-16 isn’t in sync with the first part. Especially if you don’t use a bom synced LFO. The bottom part is moving around.

Is this normal behaviour or a bug? The DT just resets the LFO at every trig you lock it to but the DN doesn’t work like that.

Just did test LFO at Digitone this day…

Running a BPM Sync LFO does sync the timing but not the start of the LFO.
So its starting anywhere in the bar as I restart the sequencer.

That way its absolutely useless for me. The only way it works is restarting by note.
It must be a bug!

Did not test using the same note, that seems to be another bug.
Please Elektron get the LFO right!

3 Likes