Lfo poly issue?

2021 mk2 same issue. What finally happened :stuck_out_tongue:??

My guess would be that this issue is related to the architecture of the A4. It was initially build as a 4x Mono Synth, not a 4 Voice Poly (Poly Mode was added later on). Thus, the LFOs are anchored at the individual voice level, not the overall synth level. Traditional Poly Synth should not have this issue.

1 Like

Damn yes. I bought the mk2 for the poly mode, but this situation is a big issue for me. For example you are unable to create dub chords as they sound awful due to the free lfos . As I see it somehow must automatically synced otherwise I have to sell it and buy something else :confused:

So…without being in front of my A4, im sure i have done something similar…

Would it not be possible to set a plocked trig (with a condition of “1st only” for probability on the note page) on the fist step of a sequence-

That switches the LFO toggle switch to retrig ON for that one conditional trigg (also on the note page)

And sets the LFO mode to TRIG (LFO page)

Meaning that the trig would, on the first cycle of the sequence, start the LFO on that first triggered note/trig then release the LFO back to FREE for every other subsequent cycle of the sequencer…in theory???

2 Likes

Yes it syncs them until…you make the “mistake” and press a note to another track that shares the polyphony. For example 1,2,3 tracks poly and in the track 1 is the sequence, and you press a random note at track 3, in an “empty” sequence time, then the LFO is no more synced. So we are back at the same point.