LFO: PMTR AMP <f> What is it?

What does this "PMTR AMP " control? I have searched online and looked in the manual. I believe I saw some reference to XVol. To be honest I am still unclear what XVol is either.

When I try assigning it, it does seem to have something to do with volume but more in just fading the level.

Thanks!

You are looking at the name of the target of the LFO: the parameter that the LFO is modulating.

“AMP” is the page where your target parameter is located. The text below AMP is the name of the target parameter. It will correspond to one of the Amplifier parameters listed on page 69 of the manual.

The LFO controls are described on pages 71-72 of the manual.

“XVOL” is a parameter that allows you to control the volume of the track in a Scene and to control it with the crossfader. See pages 62-63 of the manual.

2 Likes

AMP < F > is a place holder, as there is no Param F in the Amp page (apart from when in Scene mode for XVol)

Likewise DJEQ < B > is the LFO Target for Param B on the FX1/FX2 page. There is no param…

1 Like

Rusty, AH I see its a non value, funny that it actually does effect the sound. Peter, I do understand the LFO target system. I just didn’t know what was.

I hoped it was maybe a cross fade between Cue and Level when in Studio mode for the Cue Cfg, Which could ultimately be useful to do a Quad panning effect in one track with a mix of Balance and if it only meant fade.

Hm hey, EleKtron why not do that!!! :slight_smile:

Oh well one can dream. None the less My OT is just so awesome!

1 Like

that’s some hoping right there buddy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, I know it. :wink:

But in the meantime I do see the CC’s in the Midi Implementation chart. I think I will try automating it out of Reason. Using a Pulsar LFO unit. Cool thing about that is I can set it up ultimately to have physical sliders on my control surface to alter speed and width of rotation. I have been doing it with sounds coming out of Reason so far, so I know it works. Feeding Midi to OT should be effective too. and VERY FUN!

HM guess I need to read up on the midi output of Reason.

1 Like

For anyone that cares to know, I have tried out the idea I mention above and its working excellently!!

Quad Panning in a single track, automated by LFOs coming out of Reason. Will need to build a combinator and set up some more cool custom controls.

I’m pretty stoked!

3 Likes