LFO mode as on the OT "SyncTrig"

How can I have an “always restarting Lfo” when I push play on the OT + MD ? As the Lfo sync trig on the OT ?

I make long evolving lfo note on the machinedrum, it is really nice but didnt restart each time I play my sequence

A double stop on the md will retrigger the lfos. For an individual track change the lfo type from free run to trig and back to free run again. If LFO type is midi controllable on the md you could send the cc from the OT (can’t recall for sure).

1 Like

Hello there !

Thanks and congrats for your appreciation and help !

In fact What can I send from the OT ? You talking about CC on Lfo depth ?
How can I just trig LFO from OT, is it a way ?

Thanks anyway, I will do things as I can :slight_smile:

you could do it with the MegaCommand direct to the Machinedrum, allowing Trigless Trigs…

the MegaCommand is a new side project by Valer whereby people make their own next-level controller for the Machinedrum, with a pre-printed pcb board and a ready-to-buy Mouser cart of components around $79.

3 Likes

Whoa ! Thank you I have to take looks on now :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol cool … here’s the mouser cart with the list of way cool components
https://au.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=6c1d05feae

Virtual Trigless Trigs are achievable on the Machinedrum itself…

if you want to have virtual trigless trig influences on a long held sound, use the Lfo from another track, set the track to be of type “Gnd—” this means it doesn’t do anything really … then in the Lfo page for that machine, set the target to the other track, and choose maybe Volume or Pitch for the parameter.

Let the second track’s Lfo be of type Trig and try putting some Trigs on the timeline in Grid Record mode … (note: between Free and Hold modes, it requires a subtle change to select Trig Mode in the middle of them).

use inverse exponential tweak algorithm shape to dip the volume or pitch momentarily as the long sample on the other track is sounding. Speed and Depth on the second track’s (the Gnd— track) effecting Lfo will change how or if this works …

on this information page here:

they mention how there is one limitation with targeting other track with a track’s Lfo … the track who’s Lfo is being repurposed should be to the left of the track being effected by the Lfo. So if the long sample is on Slot 5 then the Gnd— machine should be on Slot 5 or lesser.

2 Likes

Thank you for this pretty nice link and words !

Effectively I created with Lfo chains incredibles sound note evolutions !

But It didn’t resolve the fact that LFO’s are continuing to play after the pattern stop. Isn’t it ? So Even If their cycles are like on 4/4 bars when I will restart (manually and not in sync with bpm) my pattern the lfo wont start same again…

Anyway thank you :slight_smile: This machine is devine for lfo.
Little sadness on my MD for midi tracks I’ve to send lfo to a Ctrl machine :'S

Aren’t you ?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s a workaround lol and yes, the extra steps required are sometimes a perceptual barrier to applying Lfo to midi machines…

there is a video on the internet somewhere … the machinedrum is chirping, trilling and tweaking in a seemingly ongoing evolving fashion but the pattern is only 4 bars. really cool use of Lfo’s, i’m guessing they were using 8 drums or sounds, with the other 8 being Gnd— machines with the Lfo assigned to another slot.

the Lfo’s will i believe start the same if you press the stop button twice … i should check this as the machinedrum is on and only 45 centimetres away lol.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like