Lend us your ears

You’re enjoying this aren’t you :joy:
I’m actually enjoying it as well, speculating and trolling is good fun.

Edit: sorry i spilled the beans on it being a table, you made it too easy to guess

3 Likes

Hmm there was something physical modeling-ish about some of the sounds to my ear, I am guessing it is a “machines” based thing… the few chords in there sounded pretty similar to something out of the cycles chord machine. Doesn’t really seem like it has samples based on what the artists made.

1 Like

I heard none. Only drum sounds that could come from anything after Monomachine.

4 Likes

Don’t forget:

At least 95% of all ‘good’ songs is made by creative and capable musicians. Machine’s contribution is IMO max 5%… So a new device is fancy but won’t have a heavy impact if you are not competent enough.

However it has been allways big business to sell expensive gear to the masses of hobby musicians. :wink:

P.S.: I have to state: I’m not capable but love to test new gear.

2 Likes

Is that so ? In this case I’m at the same time not interested in the sounds I’ve heard but also impressed by the variety.

2 Likes

There might have been a couple sounds that had that vibe.

But what I was meaning- to get musical stuff out of the synth engine you really had to maneuver it. It was satisfying.

The synth engine of the Rytm, yes there was a melodic mode, but the rule breaking of that was tweaking the toms to sound like bass. The cowbell to sound like a lead.

Using stuff outside of its designated purpose to squeeze music out of it.

Thats what I meant.

The tracks from that radio show seemed SO designated to music-using elements that were purposely musical as opposed to percussive elements that were rigged to be musical, I guess it just pollutes the essence of a drum machine.

What can I say? I’m pretentious

2 Likes

If that’s the case then some of the effects are definitely new and improved. Everything after the OT has has the same reverb/delay (except the chorus on DN I suppose, also not counting filters/distortion/compression as “effects”). I hear shimmer reverb and some kind of granular reverb in one of the tracks.

3 Likes

Not sure this is worth buying in 2022. Is there a thread to discuss it?

14 Likes

Yes there seems to be a pitch shifted delay/verb on this one, a shimmery crystal echoes style effect

1 Like

Snake oil???

gonna be a massive update to the M:Cycles I guess.
so many similarities in sound imo.

1 Like

:-o

That would be unexpected … but not insane

The biggest thing holding back the Cycles is probably the sound, despite its secret wealth of tasty treats

Where would the filter go though?

How would you select the reverb?

All evidence has pointed to a new device so unlikely

EDIT: just realized you might have meant a Cycles 2.0. I’d be interested in that. Only if it had sampling though. And if I could bring over all my projects

Well, after all that kerfuffle, I finally turned on my current setup and had a jam today. I’ve not had much energy for it lately. I should really spend time mastering what I have currently… or maybe just take some pics and then box them up…

4 Likes

Can definitely relate to this… (as could many more unwilling to admit! haha)

2 Likes

I don’t think the models are designed for “massive updates” when they’re so focused and down at the cheaper end of the market.

Everyone always seems to say that the Digi line are the best sellers (although I have no idea if that’s true) and if they can utilise a lot of the same design language, layout and components and write new software with new synth engines then it seems like good business sense.

Sorry for the dull tone of this post. No rampant crazy speculation or jokes.

1 Like

Yeah, the kicks and snares sounded great, but those hi-hats… bleh.

It’s not gonna be white, so what does it matter what it is? CEO already failed by some users standards. They should have hired more product designers instead of rust developers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Perhaps the “synthesizer” part of “drum synthesizer” was meant to hint at something, or at least to set it apart from people’s idea of “drum machine”.

Oh definately willing to admit, but not willing to sell… there’s stuff in my room that has sat in a travel bag for over a year without being used. Not to mention the Meeblip Anode i just started using again after it spent 4-ish years in a box :joy:

Did photo and pack up a few pedals i just don’t use though, awaiting valuation

1 Like

Is there a fast forward button on this thing?

7 Likes