Lend us your ears

Syntakt lets you route any of your synth tracks or external audio sources through the FX block. This gives you analog distortion and filtering, and a couple of LFOs to go to town with. Additionally, you can also call on Delay and Reverb as powerhouse send effects.

And all of the above effects can be sequenced with the FX track. Have them kick in at just the right moment. Add accents and dramatic changes to the selected tracks or external audio. Or use it as a master track for ducking and gating effects.

1 Like

or more for penta scales etc - root notes are highlighted blue

2 Likes

Wield a little extra trig craft using the four modifiers, offering four varied levels of expression. Configure the first two modifiers to give you the retrig or velocity behavior you desire, and use the other two to access custom intensities of other parameters. They’re ready for action regardless of which synth track you’re using.

And the best bit is that they don’t just give you that extra playability fun in the here and now, you can also capture the moment by recording to the sequencer.

So the M1-M4 are momentary scenes, like on the OP-1?

any UK people here know what the shipping/tax etc situation would be buying direct from Elektron? So far i can’t find any UK stockists

1 Like

Right yeah forgot about that, thanks for the correction!

1 Like

This does not sound as something you would get from a Cycles or AR. Pretty dope it is :point_down:

8 Likes

The keys to the city

Syntakt’s keyboard mode gives you a whole bunch of different scales to play with.

There are some familiar faces and some maybe a little less familiar for you to try out, helping you discover new places and taking things to another level.

Play across a single octave like on a piano keyboard. Or use fold, and have several octaves laid out in front of you.

1 Like

Well from the description I don’t think the Analog Four is in any danger. It’s basically just some bolted together bits of the Rytm and M:C inside of a Digitakt housing.

The analog four is actually the last synth to have awesome elektron staples like neighbor tracks. I was hoping we’d see some return to that era, hence my dissapointment.

2 Likes

more like scenes on OT or AR… you can record them as well

Deep sound-shaping

Syntakt comes full of filter and envelope goodness. All tracks have a Multimode filter to put to use allowing you to emphasize different parts of your sound, with the digital tracks also able to call on Parametric EQ and a Base-width filter – an additional filter giving you even more sonic control.

Choose from two amplitude envelope types to define the ideal contour of your sound. Try out the ADSR envelope – for your wicked synth lines – or the simpler AHD envelope – perfect for transient percussive sounds.

All synth tracks have two full-featured LFOs with multiple waveforms and modulation destinations. Set your sounds in motion, subtly or harshly, rocking the amplitude envelope, volume, filter, synth engine settings, even the other LFO; pretty much any parameter you like. Then redefine space and time with a slice of reverb and delay.

2 Likes

they just informed me they also stopped selling to people with a valid EU VAT id, thats new bought many machines as a business from them before. Seems they only do direct to customers inc EU tax and good luck.

hello Thomann, time to put up that Syntakt for us!

Record them to where, I wonder, if they don’t have their own sequencer lanes? Also not pressure sensitive like the OT or Rytm, so will be a momentary on/off performance thing

Nice to get a splashy video featuring a normal-looking female artist instead of a over-styled wobble core bro

7 Likes

I wonder if the “white” OLEDs can be purchased to retrofit the other three Digi sized boxes.

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

7.11 TRIG MODIFIERS
Using trig modifiers is a feature that lets you manually trig the sound of a track and, at the same time, add a
selected modifier to the trig.
Usually, when you press a [TRIG] key, the device plays the sound of the selected track according to the
track’s parameters settings. Using the trig modifiers lets you trig the tracks sound but with one (or more) of
its parameter(s) modified. How they are modified depends on the setup of the selected modifier.
You can use up to four kinds of modifiers, with each modifier having four different settings.
Using the trig modifiers is a performance functionality mainly meant to be played live in the default play
mode. But, it can also be recorded to the sequencer in LIVE RECORDING mode in the form of parameter
locks (or retrig settings, for the retrig modifier).

2 Likes

Time travel is a useful skill for a tech writer :crazy_face:

6 Likes