Lend us your ears

Probably the input processing external samples

there’s a load of sound design scope on those machines - very easy to get ambient textures

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wait this thing can’t playback samples?

Now we are talking. Not bad at all. I was wrong about the part’s count. Ok, where are the specs, what was this pitched reverb thing… :male_detective:

Bought it, sold all my elektron a bit ago (except MnM keyboard) and have been waiting for an all in one box from them.

Finally added scales! I was one who recommended this back during the digitakt launch

I didn’t bother to look before purchase. Any clue when it ships?

ok i don’t need one, but i want one :joy: i’m gonna wait a bit and hope this feeling subsides :panda:

7 Likes

Syntakt Manual here

(the pages exists, just the Navigation to it is not yet working, Elektron please note…)

5 Likes

The Digitone has scales but not that nice keyboard fold mode. Would love to see scales ported to Digitakt and fold ported to both!

2 Likes

If I didn’t have an MD & MNM then I’d prob give it a go but I do so this doesn’t really get me excited. It’s also a bit fugly imo.

Might try it some day as seems a great portable option.

Be good to here tunes that dont sound like it’s coming from cycles…

2 Likes

probably a complex source where the dry sound went pre AFX bus and the Wet sound was post AFX with no filtering

The new filter types (notched and shelved) are also very very musical with modulation - there’s a tonne of ways to add sheen and contrast - the delay and reverb are on a par with the other units feature wise - but they can be routed very very flexibly via the AFX section

2 Likes

What does FOLD mean on the “keyboard”

INSTA ORDERED :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

looks fking epic

2 Likes

It removes the notes not in the scale from the available keys. So you get 2 octaves in the two rows of 8 buttons. AKA super handy mode that should be everywhere scales are implemented.

4 Likes

Now I’m really curious about the new digital machines. I’m guessing, the second snare, the clap and two tone machines.

All I can tell is that @eangman tricked me with the file.
Syntakt-User-Manual_OS1.0_210421.pdf

I had been looking at that link for 3 days with only one difference, 220421 :smiley:

2 Likes

depends on how some things compare. the analog tracks might be super limited comparatively. add on the songmode and perf macros and polyphony, i think the A4 will still be well-loved.
i won’t mind if some MK2s end up cheaper on the used market because people decide they want this more concise box. i think you’re right that this will be very attractive to a lot of users. even as an A4 user and NGNY person, i’m very curious about this release.

1 Like

This announcement make me consider adding the Model Cycle to my setup :grin:

1 Like