Lend us your ears

If you pre-order the syntakt you get a free big crunch from KFC.

2 Likes

On the contrary, I’m fearful it will be real as it may be exactly what I was looking forward to… (my wallet is fearful)

2 Likes

Various VSTs all controlled by current machines. VST layout changes according to the machine connected to it. Ability to process the audio with analog filters already on the A4 and AR

1 Like

the ocean mist creeps in.
you can hear a distant creek from a windmill.

Sounds like my next lofi Instagram video

The fact there is no picture in this angle online doesn’t mean that guy didn’t made the photo of his/her actual DN/DT unit and modified it…

…dublab…that sounds like a good place to me…i’m all into pi dub since ever…
post industrial dub is all i’m doing…so, that’s the good news for me here… :wink:

don’t get fooled by the term slices, goys and birls… that means nothing but extracts/pieces/parts from all what u can hear…

and oooooof…way more than 1000 response posts within 24 hours… u maniacs and elektron fan goys and birls, u… :wink:

elektron…the brand band…

i’ll have a listen…too.

2 Likes

I stand by my theory :

5 Likes

Definitely not expecting song mode

Ok. If the site is almost going down at this time and there’s not even a hint of preorder or whatever… I hope the next device is a server mk2!

1 Like

I‘d love that.

1 Like

My 2 cents

“Syntakt”

“Syn” synth - it’s a synth of a type Elektron haven’t yet approached - wavetables, granular

“Syn” synergy - it’s a bit of everything - so Monomachine’s bastard grandchild

“Syn” synchronise - it’s a hub/mixer/remixer (hence ‘slice’)/fx/sequencer (hence ‘from a different place’)

The last one would be an entirely new product category for Elektron and I’m sure they’d make a success of it.

1 Like

Yea the last one is what I’m most interested in and is what would feel like the best fit with their current lineup.

The current ‘leaked’ product just feels like it would canibilise their own product line.

I’m thinking if they release something like an A&H DB4, but with a sequencer in it… or something - that would be a totally killer product and would introduce non hybrid people to the world of performance mixing (which they’re already doing on their Elektron boxes in many ways already)

Imagine if it could interface with Overbridge so you could assign tracks from the boxes to your mixer channels…

1 Like

so… no news today?

waiting

8 Likes

I think some are over estimating the market for a mixer type device to be honest. But if it were something along those lines then at least my wallet would be happy as I’d have zero interest in it.

6 Likes

I’ll give my bet: the leaked pics are real, the vid/radiomix/teaser campaign is for the SynTakt, therefore: it’s a percussion synthesizer. 12 voices with 8 digital / 4 analog, and a detailed FX section. Digital voices have machines for different synthesis types. Analog voices might work that way too with a different machine selection?

SynTakt = synthesized rhythm.

And I think I hear a simple FM machine (model cycles style), and some kind of physical modelling or resonator as well? Plus a very analog distortion. Leaked pic shows the cycles engine and implies complex FX routing with ‘modifiers’ etc.

I’ll have to listen to more of it, but this might be exactly the drum machine / FX box that I want next to my digitone.

6 Likes

I suspect something (at least some new teaser) after lunch (it is now 10:25 in Sweden)

1 Like

Yup, I’m hearing a lot of “glitch” in the songs, which makes me think of creative/performance mixing.

Elektron’s stuff is awesome but they’re kind of running on the spot a bit - another synth, another drum machine - this would demonstrate some innovation, of which they’re entirely capable.

2 Likes

It’s really hard to find a mixer that ticks all the boxes.

noooooooooooooooooooo

I use Octatrack as my mixer…

2 Likes