Laptop advice lenovo y 530

Hello all

i am currently debating myself to sell my “unused” digitone, for a new computer.
I actually use “dayly” an old 150 e reconditionned lenovo x 201 12" , 2 years now, start to found it a bit slow and boring, although i love it.

I am totally depassed by computer spec theses days, and don’t have the time to learn how to compare specs today ( i would have not hesitated some years ago…)

i know this is not the best place for that, but that’s the only forum i come regularly, and know some people here really up to date on this!!

so i spot a sale in france where the lenovo y530 ( a gamer computer) is at 699E instead of 1099. I feel the design sort of ok, and i think the specs should be ok for years to come??? i’ve read that the screen is not very good, but apart from this what do you think of the spec?? General use, vst in ableton controlled by digitakt with overbridge,vcv, web, maybe a bit of graphic, basic photo storage… super peersonal computer in fact…

if some coud quickly give me advice on this particular specs, i would be thankful!!!

• CPU : Intel Core i5 (8th génération) 8300H / 2.3 GHz

• 15.6" - IPS - 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)

• RAM : 8 Go (1 x 8 GB)

• 1 To HDD SATA 6Gb/s / 5400 tours/min - 128 Go SSD - (M.2) PCIe - NVM Express (NVMe)

• Processeur graphique : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 / Intel UHD Graphics 630

• Durée de fonctionnement : Jusqu’à 9.5 heures

• Interfaces : 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Always On), USB-C 3.1 Gen 1,

If you don’t use big sample libraries like Kontakt then that should be enough. You can always upgrade the ram later on too. Not bad for 700E. What DAW are you going to use ?

live lite

Oh then that’s more than enough. You can stem stuff out and mix it. There you go