Lack of Individual Outputs or Overbridge on OT

For me the issue is scenes/live performance aspects for the recording.
The solution is to record the crossfader midi and scene selection midi then record two stereo tracks into my Daw while the midi tracks do the rest.
It’s doable but far from elegant or efficient.
Like the OP, I too wish a viable option existed to record everything at once

If you’ve got other gear you use with OT I find it a good approach to use the OT for 2 tracks of madness and track everything else directly. If you think of it like an instrument and not a complete workstation then you’ve got an extra stereo out which is more than most instruments.

Obviously indy outs would be nice but it is what it is. Under expect and it over delivers. You can do a lot with 2 tracks, iconic albums have been made this way.

2 Likes

100% sure?
I just tested, but no luck with T8 set as Master track.

REC AB + Bank is faster and gives you direct access to the recording buffer.

You’re right, but you don’t even need a multiclock. Just set the same tempo in DAW and OT, hit record in your DAW, then hit play on the OT and then keep both of them running while you solo the OT tracks one by one. When you’re done, move the recorded audio to the beginning of the first bar (with grid lock turned off), then turn grid lock in your DAW on and you can easily cut out perfectly synced loops out of the recorded audio and move them to new tracks.

Tadaaaa! It’s that easy.

2 Likes

Tested it, it works for me:

• T8 is master and has a record trig on trig 1
  • press T8 to make it the active track
  • FUNC + record setup
  • FUNC + BANK
  • Now a menu pops up, choose the first by hitting ENTER and voila!
    (this last step i forgot to mention earlier)

:thinking: I guess you understood “preview” as visualize the waveform, I meant listen to it with FN+YES.:wink: It doesn’t seem possible to listen to it with T8, unless I missed something. Possible to listen Recording 8 in another FLEX track.

Btw you can access that “EDIT THIS RECORDING” menu directly with RECAB+BANK.

I also prefer T4 because the Track + Midi button combination is easier.

Mmm yes you’re right! Probably i’m a bit confused due to newyear… I just use this to check if something is recorded -> ‘preVIEW’ :wink:

1 Like

I’m still sick! Just adding that I was also listening T8 recordings in a Static after Save And Assign > Static. Without available Static I was using another bank.