Kyra from Waldorf

Looks like a gotta pay them a visit…

how much will it cost?

well, this is promising

£1949, apparently.

1 Like

ups! certainly more than i thought

Just setup these two for some factory sound design, work pretty well together.

12 Likes

There is a video with this that’s mainly sounds. Note how they are using a STVC as a controller here.

There’s a manual for it here:
https://support.waldorfmusic.com/files/Kyra/Manuals/Kyra%20Manual%20EN.pdf

FIXED: Link to manual.

2 Likes

8 multi-timbral parts!
Does that mean that i could control each part with a separate midi channel at the same time, to control every part like a single synth?
OT :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve tried the Kyra on Superbooth 19 and now listening to the Waldorf demo. Not a synth that stands out for my attention.

1 Like

I must say that I am surprised! Waldorf has a long history of delays and cancelled projects but Kyra is finally there - great! I will check it out when it´s in the stores. The price is heavy but it´s a premium synth with fantastic specs and features. If the sound and overall feeling is right I am very interested.

Someone decent needs to get hold of this thing and do some sound design / experimentation. The Waldorf demo was immensely boring.

1 Like

i agree! But I use most of my synths from init patch so I don´t care much about a library.
A funny thing: I remember when the guy who programmed the synth presented it. It hat no wavetables yet and he said “we will add some”. Not it says “4096 wavetables”. :slight_smile:

Just hooking up Kyra to my new Akai Mpc X that arrived today for some auto sampling… So far so good…

6 Likes

i think it sounds nice, needs some programmable macro controls right?

Cant read the manual, isnt any longer downloadable.

This makes me want to buy a blokey =) Im wondering if the arpeggiator stays in sync with external clock input…

Get the manual here:

https://support.waldorfmusic.com/products/Kyra

1 Like

Entire AKWF set of waves seems to be included :smiley:

Sounds nice and the UI looks very well-done.

I cant read something like configurable macro conrols with multiple destinations in the manual - just had a quick flip & search? I.e from the mod matrix it should be possible with CC mapping to multiple targets, but thats not supported via the UI, i would have to use an external midi controller for that function? (Midi Pedal, modwheel, etc.)

It’s not a modular. :confused:
I wonder if that could be changed in next updates.