Kudos to the Elektronauts devs for such a novel use of Discourse!

I just wanted to say, this is one of the best forum experiences I have ever had. If this is a custom coded forum, then damn fine job to whoever is responsible. All the little bells and whistles in just the right place without being cluttered. Really cool features that make it feel like a living, breathing, interactive experience. Like seeing other people replying, or how edits instantly change even if you’re already reading that post. The fact that it remembers your last viewed post in a thread and gives a nice little icon to indicate where that is in relation to everything else.

I could go on and on, but basically this forum, from a user interface/design perspective, rocks!

5 Likes
3 Likes

Cool, wasn’t sure if it was a package or custom built. Either way, really nice in my opinion. I come from the olden days of like… Geocities-style forums… think one was called ezboard or something? … It’s cool to see how far these things have come :slight_smile:

1 Like

easily the best looking and functioning forum around by far

Yeah it’s well put together …

One thing is dearly missing though, namely the option to subscribe to certain subforums (eg. OT) and unsubscribe from others to be able to curate your feed.
As it is atm, interesting topics are mushed together with stuff you don’t care about at all - for instance: I’m not interested in DT, DN, and Marketplace stuff but this beloved forum is packed with it, and the only way to not have to dig through tons of (to me) uninteresting threads is to click through the respective subs one by one, instead of enjoying one single customized feed.

Yes you can - just click the category you interested in then click the circle button in the top right

2 Likes

As far as I can see, I would have to do this for every single thread?

I didn’t know about this feature until just now but just tested and seems to work, Don’t have to go into actual threads but looks like you need to go to each Category you want to manage.

From the main page, top menu, Categories, then click a sub-category, say Digitakt, then do the circle icon in top right, select Mute

2 Likes

oh I think miss understood what you wanna do, I don’t think you can have a custom feed. but you can ‘watch’ subcategories or see separate subcategories as their own feed.

Wow. If this works, you made my day!
Edit: It does work!!!
THANKS SO MUCH!

2 Likes