Kudos to the Elektronauts devs for such a novel use of Discourse!

Hi! :wave:

Iā€™m from the Discourse team. Just wanted you to know weā€™re really impressed with the Elektronauts site!

4 Likes

I have it on very good authority that they havenā€™t been able to find the brightness dial, could you point it out to them, please :wink:

1 Like

Agreed! Iā€™m a web dev for a living and this here site is goddamn well made. It makes me want to use it all the time.

3 Likes

I canā€™t judge technically the use of Discourse, but I have to say itā€™s a real pleasure to use this site on a daily basis, both on computer and phone.

:thup: :3lektron:

2 Likes

Hi there!
Our Elektronauts dev, David is on vacation right now, but I am sure he would be very flattered!
Thanks for the great software, we are really loving the Discourse platform. :heart:

3 Likes

Skip the flatteryā€¦ give him a box of Chokladflarn :wink:

3 Likes

5 Likes

A ā€˜night modeā€™ would be useful but I find the white background makes the site easier to read on my phone on a sunny day.

This Forum was incredibly frustrating to use - and now itā€™s an absolute pleasure. Big Thanks to all involved. :ecstatic:

3 Likes

You can voice your support for such a feature here:

3 Likes

Itā€™s gone from being pretty good to really great, I think weā€™re all grateful ā€¦ my eyes have reservations, particularly for night browsing ā€¦ getting used to it, but a big thumbs up in every other regard for sure :thup:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Couldnā€™t have done it without the great help at meta.discourse.org and the very well written plugin implementation of yours. Big thanks!

4 Likes

Which plugin are you referring to here? One of our users is trying to replicate your /news section (functionality wise).

In other news, we invite you to voice any feature requests you may have for our upcoming native themes support:

1 Like

I noticed it was also used by Critter & Guitari : http://forum.critterandguitari.com/

1 Like

Hi! Good discussion there. Will try to contribute. By plugin implementation I was referring to the mechanisms for plugin development in discourse. The plugin api, widget support, etc.

1 Like

:laughing::grin:

Hey @erlend_sh !

As mods, we try to keep the place as clean as possible.
This activity lead us to merge duplicate threads once in a while.

The problem we encounter is that the duplicates still rise when one does a search on the subject : is it possible to prevent merged topics (and maybe even locked topics) to be displayed on a search result ?
Or would it be possible to make it happen in the future ?

Maybe a simple checkbox could be checked to enable the user to admit locked threads in his search if he wants to, even if I donā€™t really see the point.

I know we could simply unlist the topic that was merged, but then the user faces the fact that his topic has disappeared, which is totally uncool.

What do you think of this suggestion ?

1 Like

I like it! I wrote about a [similar idea a while back on Meta:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/use-last-outgoing-link-in-closed-topic-as-forwarder/33683?u=erlend_sh

(I get a ā€œSorry you cannot post a link to that host.ā€ error when trying to post a link here)

I suggest you bump that topic with your own thoughts to keep the idea alive.

(funny enough, you were declared as spam by your own tool ^^)

I replied with my suggestion. Hope itā€™s clear enough. I like your idea. :thup:

^ as a link not sure why you couldnā€™t hack your way in to fix it ā€¦ any clues as to why you couldnā€™t make the link - you have member status, so it isnā€™t that ? ; )

@avantronica I just raised @erlend_sh to the member status, he was still at level 0.

2 Likes