Korg Z1 still worth?

Hi guys! Is still worth to buy a Z1 for 550€?
I would buy it for electronic music production, probably pads and poly leads or some other sounds I can’t get with my other gear.
Thanks!

I probably wouldn’t pay that for it.

I had one when they first came out & loved the pad sounds it could make. I didn’t really like it for bass & leads, as i found the sound to be a bit woolly or muffled maybe. But i also found the UI very sluggish & frustrating.

The XY pad was the best feature & for me probably the best implementation of the XY pad on any of the Korg products.

1 Like

If your patient and spend some time learning the interface, it’s got a lot of potential not easily found in much else. Pretty much a digital modular in scope. Check the outputs are fine, and both 6 voice moss boards are installed as I think they can be pulled out and sold as triton expansions. It sounds amazing run through the analog heat or Niiio for a bit of grit.

Owned mine for 10 years and counting.

3 Likes

I am looking especially for chords and pads

Never owned one unfortunately but I’ve considered one many time (waiting for the right price). I’d consider it at that price. Some distinctive synthesis options inside.

1 Like

Argon8 seems similar and kind of more defined and meaty… What do u guys think?
Also DeepMind12 in the same price range…
What will Z1 bring me to the table of the others can’t?

I wouldn’t part with mine. Fantastic machine.

1 Like

would u compare it to Waldorf Iridium?
(I know it s totally another price…)

Haven’t had my hands on that Waldorf machine, so can’t compare.

Having experience only with An1x, I am concerned Z1 will sound kind of similar in tone, and to me An1x sounded kind of mudy, not well defined, plasticy, toyish. Just saying…